Best headphones for my needs?
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Salamantis

New Head-Fier
Hello,

First of all sorry for another thread like this one. I'm sure you get a lot of these.

Well I can't decide on earphones for me. I need some good ones.
  1. I mostly listen to dance/trance/eurobeat/electronic.
  2. I'd prefer that they don't leak sound (in the bus sound leak sucks)
  3. I'd like some noise isolation (don't need to isolate everything, just some). I use these everyday in my bus and with my current ones I hear everything outside.
  4. My max price is 100$. I can go a little higher.
  5. I want the best I can get for my price.

Thanks to whoever replies! It's very appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 10
Any suggestions? Sorry for bumping but it's on the 2nd page and I don't think anyone looks there lol :p

I see ER6i's and Shure SE210s on sale on Amazon and I've heard that they're good... but I'm not sure.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 10
If you're willing to pay $125, and you live in the US, get the Klipsch Image X5's directly off the Klipsch site.

They have a half-off sale (type "Half off" in coupon code when checking out), but it's only for the next 6 hours (ends Nov. 30), and only for US residents.

Those are probably one of the best IEM options for you. Of course, they are many other IEM's out there that are worth considering :)

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 10
X2 on image x5. Other options will be denon C551 or C751 if u fancy dynamic driver iem. They dont have that good isolation u looking for, depending on the tip selection.

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salamantis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ARGH! I live in Canada and the store won't let me buy things.

Are proxies secure? Might as well use one, but I don't know if they're good for transferring confidential info.

Well, the problem is that Klipsch won't authorize a delivery outside the U.S.

You should have a stateside friend order them to their address, then ship them up to Canada. $125 + shipping + six-pack-for-friend isn't bad, really.

Just do it by tomorrow, as the sale ends Nov. 30th.

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #7 of 10
Done, ordered the X5. We're going to the US next week anyways, so I've gotten him to order a pair for me. Total was 145$, not bad for awesome earphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the purchase ideas, this is one great site.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Also I forgot to ask, when I get these, should I let them burn in? I downloaded some burn-in files form another thread here but I don't even know what burning in is, so far I just know that you let the files play for hours and hours, but I'd like to know at what volume they should be played and for how long for the Image X5s.

Thanks once again!

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #9 of 10
That was a fast decision! It's good you managed to take advantage of that deal.

I don't think earphones burn in for as long as full-size phones do. The usual procedure is playing music for a few hours through a volume that would sound a bit low to your ears, then for the next few hours a volume that would sound a bit high to your ears.

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for replying.

Yeah it was fast, half price on headphones that many people say are very good is basically an instant-buy
smily_headphones1.gif
And I needed something to accompany my high quality music rips that are going to waste with my current headphones :p

I'll try that once I get my headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back