Best headphones for me
Aug 11, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #18 of 28
i tried out the 280's today. i really liked them! at times the highs were a bit shrill but i was being picky

the v6 sounded inferior to the 280s to me, does this seem right?

since best buy doesnt demo headphones, i just bought some bose triports to see why everyone says they suck so bad, and they arent very good. i returned them after listening to em in the car

i think im going to buy the sennenheiser 280s. although i will do ipod listnening i think they will beat up the sonys out of my receiver

Aug 11, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by slag
Do BestBuy/CircuitCity SELL Grados?

If so, I'm gettin' over there!!

Are you serious? Here's how the conversation would go:

Hey, do you carry Grados?

-Gratos? Who makes them?

rolleyes.gif

I went to Best Buy to ask if they carried a certain Pentax camera and the response was "Pentax, who makes that?" A phone call to them asking if they had a Westinghouse tv I was looking for prompted this "Who is Westinghouse? We don't carry them?"

Yes, they did and do carry Westinghouse.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #22 of 28
Don't know how close you are but if you can hit lower Manhattan you can check out J&R Music World on Park Row. They have a whole wall of headphones you can try on though a number of them are kinda beat up. The Stereo Exchange www.stereoexchange.com/why.cfm carries Grado and used to have an 80/125 you could audition. Don't know about now but if you can make it, give 'em a call to see what they have available.

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #23 of 28
just ordered the 280pros for 78.99 shipped.

hoepfully they will arrive tuesday or wednesday!

circuit city advertises most of the sennenheiser line on their website, their store said they dont carry "those"

best buy only had bose triports and cheap noise cancleing sonys

this big noname electronics store called "electronics expo" which seems shady was very nice- they let a 15 yearold with no parent open up new sennenheiser 280pros and lisen to them for 15 minutes too bad they wante 120$ though i prob coulda bargained em down to like 100

thanks guys!!

Aug 11, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseD13
jr is great (bought lots of stuff from them) but my mom isnt taking me to the city just to try out some headphones lol

Tell her J&R is a shoe store and they're having a sale.

Aug 11, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #27 of 28
lol and about the whole style thing, i mean looks dont count, sound does

lol about the jr thing. my dad might be going there sometime soon (hes in home audio video business) so ill go even though i already ordered the hd280s. they have the right sound for me.

clear bass, and if i wanted some realy lound stuff i could always eq it.

the sonys sounded kind of like the sound was pre-colored. like bose but different (although better). i prefer flat sound and then ill do some eq if i feel it's necessary

why do people complain that the sennenheisers are too tight? they felt nice and snug to me.

they will probably sound kickass out of my receiver compared to my ipod
eggosmile.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
Don't know how close you are but if you can hit lower Manhattan you can check out J&R Music World on Park Row. They have a whole wall of headphones you can try on though a number of them are kinda beat up. The Stereo Exchange www.stereoexchange.com/why.cfm carries Grado and used to have an 80/125 you could audition. Don't know about now but if you can make it, give 'em a call to see what they have available.

Stereo Exchange had some Grados and Senns as of a few weeks ago. They also had a K501.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back