Best headphones for gym use for a bit of a basshead
Apr 26, 2018 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ReaperZzZ

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I've recently joined the gym, and as much as I'd love to use my Fostex TH900's there .. I have to be realistic :beyersmile:

What would people reccomend for gym use ? My main genres of listening are EDM (drum'n'bass / dubstep), so would like something with a decent slam, would be nice, but if its at the sacrafice of a good soundstage it probably wouldn't interest me too much.

Wireless would be a big advantage.. and something that has the capability to go LOUD :L3000:

A friend reccomended the Shure SE215 and reviews seem decent for these.., and another the Audiofly AF100W

I don't mind something thats not an IEM, as long as it would stay on reasonably well

Budget ... $200usd give or take.

Unfortunately as I live in New Zealand I don't have a huuuge range of stuff available to me to easily listen to .. but fire away ! :)

Thanks all

May 2, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 8
If you are okay with Bluetooth earphone, you can consider Soul Run Free Pro HD. Good battery life (12 hours) and it sounds amazing to me :)

May 16, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd go with the Sony MDR-AS800AP- it's lightweight (so they won't fall out of your ears), soundstage is fairly large and bass is also really good. I'm an EDM listener as well- these will do the trick :)

May 16, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the replies :) I'm going to check out the Sony WI-1000X this weekend.. They've got a lot of good reviews, and should be good for a gym newbie like me I think!

It'll be interesting to see how the neck band stays during some cardio stuff, however most of what I do is treadmill for cardio so I imagine it'll be okay, and I'm not doing bench pressing so I should always be in a position where the neck band won't fall off!

I'll post an update in the next few days :)

May 16, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the replies :) I'm going to check out the Sony WI-1000X this weekend.. They've got a lot of good reviews, and should be good for a gym newbie like me I think!

It'll be interesting to see how the neck band stays during some cardio stuff, however most of what I do is treadmill for cardio so I imagine it'll be okay, and I'm not doing bench pressing so I should always be in a position where the neck band won't fall off!

I'll post an update in the next few days :)
But there is no sweat proof function for W1-1000X. And the sweat might damage the leather at the neckband... if you are okay with this then proceed because it sounds really good.

May 17, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 8
But there is no sweat proof function for W1-1000X. And the sweat might damage the leather at the neckband... if you are okay with this then proceed because it sounds really good.

Yeah I'm not too worried about that :) these are just cheap gym headphones to me, quality is of more importance to me.. They won't be my daily headphones

May 17, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 8
Yeah I'm not too worried about that :) these are just cheap gym headphones to me, quality is of more importance to me.. They won't be my daily headphones
You are so rich! WI-1000x is considered as an audiophiles level headphones for most of the people in my country LOL.

May 17, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #8 of 8
You are so rich! WI-1000x is considered as an audiophiles level headphones for most of the people in my country LOL.

Not really, I just invest my money into audio man, and I work hard.. Now I'm just a 32 or 33 year old audio junkie!

I haven't been to Singapore in about ten years, but last time I was there, electronics are considerably cheaper than New Zealand.. Sim Lim towers was like a candy store!!

Here Audiophile gear is Audeze LCD3/X, Fostex Th900mk2 and the likes.

I'll have to return to SG sometime :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back