Best headphones for extended listening?
May 31, 2006 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sparky14

100+ Head-Fier
While I am still waiting for the Corda Headfive, I have built up funds for the next headphone purchase. Budget is around $300, so I am looking in the area of the K701s, HD650s etc.

I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me a good 2-4 hours per day of quality headphone time. I've been using my HD580s with Rega Ear, which is a comfy setup for extended listening.

So, for those in the know, what is the next step for best sounding, least fatiguing, and most comfortable headphone?

May 31, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 3
The AKG K701 were one of the most non fatiguing phones I've ever tried. They have a sort of laid back sound signature, dare I say a bit of a veil, that lends itself well to many genres of music IMHO. These are one of the phones that I describe as getting a 'warm fuzzy feeling' whenever I put them on. As far as comfort, I could wear them for long stretches without much problem. They were large enough and had just enough clamp to hold them place. Some people have raised issues regarding the headband though.

May 31, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 3
For long term listening comfort becomes the number 1 factor. And when comfort becomes th number 1 factor, Floats become the number 1 headphone.

JM2C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back