Best headphones for every price point.
Apr 7, 2024 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Tank81

New Head-Fier
Im stupid so I started collecting headphones. This lovely day I had an idea to make smth like show wall for every price points best/most recommended headphones. Ofc including bit of house sound change so not all Hifimans at every price point.
The point is that listener could go to store and buy that headphone between those prices.

I was thinking Smth like this but whichone is ur recommended list?

0-200e Hifiman Sundara Closed
200e-400e Sennheiser 600/650
400-600e Hifiman Xs or B&W px8
600-800e Meze 109 Pro
800-1000e Audeze lcd-2
1000-1300e Focal clear
1300-1700e Hifiman he-1000 stealth
1700-2000e Audeze lcd x
2000-2500e No idea
2500-3000e Zmf Auturius Open
3000-3600e Meze empyrean 2
3600-4300e Audeze LCD-5
4300-5000e Focal Utopia 2022
5000-6000e Yamaha-YH5000Se
6000e+ Hifiman Susvara

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 17
Tastes vary widely. In order to avoid getting into a flame war, I'm not naming names - but I would only agree with six of your choices.

Then there is power requirements, equipment matching.... new models becoming available...

Good luck.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 17
So is the rest all trash? 🥲🥲
None of them is trash, but 3 of them are way overrated/priced IMO, others come in decently, but this list is meant to be one can to rule them all - and equipment and tastes are going to jumble any list put forward for listeners that have heard lots of headphones at various price levels.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 17
None of them is trash, but 3 of them are way overrated/priced IMO, others come in decently, but this list is meant to be one can to rule them all - and equipment and tastes are going to jumble any list put forward for listeners that have heard lots of headphones at various price levels.
Ofc everyone got their own preferencies and different hearing capabilities. This list is just made to show which ones i prefer/have heard or own. Thats why I was asking public opinions which ones are ur choises if you got that amount of cash and only one option to buy for each price point.

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 17
Ofc everyone got their own preferencies and different hearing capabilities. This list is just made to show which ones i prefer/have heard or own. Thats why I was asking public opinions which ones are ur choises if you got that amount of cash and only one option to buy for each price point.
I get it. If I were to put up a list, it would have to consider tastes, what the key pluses and minuses are, what is the minimum equipment required. Alternates, including used. But I haven't heard everything - and my tastes pretty much preclude closed backs and bass cannon and "fun" V shaped tuning. Would take a long time and result in some darts being received - not worth it.

That's why I say good luck.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 17
🤦‍♂️

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 17
Zmf Auturius Open
I want to know more about this one!

This idea actually sounds fun, so I'll do the lazy version.

1st Tier: HD6xx
2nd Tier: Sundara Open
3rd Tier: HE1000 Stealth

I have the ZMF Atrium coming my way, so maybe that will be good enough to add a 4th Tier. But so far, the HEK Stealth is the best headphone I've ever heard.

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #10 of 17
In this price range, you have several quality headphone options to choose from. One of them is the Hifiman Xs, which offers superior sound and excellent wearing comfort. The second option could be the B&W px8, which also has high sound quality and a stylish design. When choosing between these models, consider your preferences in sound and appearance to make the best choice for you.

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 17
Just a heads up.....
There is not a headphone called the ZMF Autuerius.
There is the ZMF Auteur, but it isn't anywhere close to the price point you listed. Nor Is the ZMF Aeolus. Both are in the 1000 - 1600 bracket.
The ZMF Atrium open and closed are in the price point you listed and the Caldera open and the coming - soon, Caldera Closed are in the 4k price bracket.

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 17
ZMF Autuerius.
1712878544911.png

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 11, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 17
I don't agree with any of your choices, but then, I won't buy headphones that cost more than $400, so I stopped at the third one on the list.

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #15 of 17
In this price range, you have several quality headphone options to choose from. One of them is the Hifiman Xs, which offers superior sound and excellent wearing comfort. The second option could be the B&W px8, which also has high sound quality and a stylish design. When choosing between these models, consider your preferences in sound and appearance to make the best choice for you.
Well, sound is first, 2nd for me. Comfort is important too. But appearance? Not on my list. Not picking on your ideas - just demonstrating that there is a lot of variables in this sort of list.
I want to know more about this one!

This idea actually sounds fun, so I'll do the lazy version.

1st Tier: HD6xx
2nd Tier: Sundara Open
3rd Tier: HE1000 Stealth
Good sized gap between 2nd and 3rd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back