BEST HEADPHONES for business...?
Mar 11, 2008 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
I work for a neurofeedback therapy center. We have patients that come in and listen to music or watch movies while hooked up to our equipment. We also travel a lot and do conferences.

We need headphones that are very good at isolating sound and comfortable for clients/patients. Isolation is the number one factor.

Second, we need build quality because these will be banged around quite a bit.

And lastly but really not last... Sound quality.

Budget = 100 max per headphone. However, recommendations under $60 would be best.

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 8
I would say some HD280's for this. Now I know that they are not the best sounding, but they isolate good, are in your price bracket, and built pretty ridgid.

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 8
Do remember to loosen up the HD280s if you happen to decide on them.

Fresh out of the box, those are the 2nd most tightest of headphones I have ever placed on my head.

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 8
DT770s, for sure, or something along those lines since it might be a little over your budget.

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by supermoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT770s, for sure, or something along those lines since it might be a little over your budget.

770's are great. I dont know if they isolate enough though. They definitely win in the comfort category.

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 8
HD280...

But if you really want to impress your clients (clearly not based on sound), I would go with Bose. Sound would be alright at best but from business point of view, nothing is more recognized or "impressive" as Bose.

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD280...

But if you really want to impress your clients (clearly not based on sound), I would go with Bose. Sound would be alright at best but from business point of view, nothing is more recognized or "impressive" as Bose.

LOL. It's funny because you're actually totally correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back