Best headphones for bass?
Jun 11, 2009 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

larrybigbie

New Head-Fier
I'm finding more and more of my music becoming bass heavy stuff like rap, funk, dub, etc. so I'm looking for some headphones that can deliver a powerful bass sound. What are some recommendations?

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 27
Finally - a man who know what he wants : BASS !
evil_smiley.gif

Sony have an entire series (XB) dedicated to delivering the kind of bass that will frighten everyone around you - the kind of bass that will beat you, whip you and make you feel cheap. Bass with an attitude - big, beautiful booty-lovin' bass that some here might dare to call 'flabby', but not me : I *dare* you to unleash those fart cannons at every opportunity. Other men may fear you but women will love you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Personally, I am perfectly happy with the bass response from my MS-1s, but I've always been a bit limp-wristed like that. I aspire to Skullcandy and one day meeting an actual woman.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Sony have an entire series (XB) dedicated to delivering the kind of bass that will frighten everyone around you - the kind of bass that will beat you, whip you and make you feel cheap. Bass with an attitude - big, beautiful booty-lovin' bass that some here might dare to call 'flabby', but not me : I *dare* you to unleash those fart cannons at every opportunity. Other men may fear you but women will love you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Personally, I am perfectly happy with the bass response from my MS-1s, but I've always been a bit limp-wristed like that. I aspire to Skullcandy and one day meeting an actual woman.
ksc75smile.gif

Lmao, I
jecklinsmile.gif
hard after that.

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #12 of 27
I actually think the Sony XB700s are perfect for people looking for bass, not muffled or overwhelming at all.
L3000.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Wow, I literally laughed out loud at that.

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

ksc75smile.gif

beyersmile.png

I think those Sony's where actually the kind of headphones I was looking for.
And by the way, they're also f'in HUGE

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #15 of 27
Larry. my futile attempt at humour aside, see if you can audition a pair of XBs. As wolf has indicated, the 700s are the model to aim for - the lesser XBs are a mixed bag but the XB700 was reasonably well received. Seriously, it is refreshing to see someone come out and say upfront that this is what they are looking for - you will see untold posts here and elsewhere that go 'man, I really love the tight bass that the ACME 9000 has, but I just want a little more slam - what sort of amp/recabling do I need now ?'. Therein lies the road to financial and emotional ruin, I'm afraid.
wink.gif

Now go and enjoy that slam bass !
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back