Best headphones for around 150
Mar 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mods12

Head-Fier
I spent a long time looking around and still have not picked a pair of headphones. I want something that has good bass. not too much or too little, a good soundstage and vocals, and comfortable to wear for long periods. I was looking at the dt 770 want to know if its worth the extra money, and the hfi 580 but i want other suggestions as both of these are over my price range.

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
I spent a long time looking around and still have not picked a pair of headphones. I want something that has good bass. not too much or too little, a good soundstage and vocals, and comfortable to wear for long periods. I was looking at the dt 770 want to know if its worth the extra money, and the hfi 580 but i want other suggestions as both of these are over my price range.

I would definitely go for the DT770 used. It can do vocals great (Ultrasones, no matter the model, are not good for vocals I've found). It's not overly bassy, it has enough to make you feel warm and loved. It's very comfortable. Great sound stage too. Has a little sparkle in the treble. It really is one of the better headphones in my opinion after lots and lots of mid-tier headphones in the closed category. I highly recommend it for all application.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back