Best headphones for about 400dollars
Mar 3, 2015 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

seraj5

New Head-Fier
Hello, third post. I have been looking into alot of dacs and amps and headphones. Now i got a good deal i think. Its a HRT music streamer 2+ 2012 edition for about 140dollars (I live in sweden). I was thinking of buying this as many have said it is good. I have 2 questions though

1. Is this dac better than o2/odac combo, schiit magni and modi, dragonfly 1.2 and so on? Or should i go for this, when i look at the price at stores its seems like a good deal. 

2. Which headphones should i buy either along with this dac or with another dac 

From listening to some headphones i think i like warm sound, not sure on this one though as someone told me that for SC neutral is the best and it is SC that i am aiming for. 

Any help is appreatiated. Thanks :)

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 11
HD600 for neutral sound with GOBS of clarity.
HD650 for great clarity and better suited for relaxing and enjoying the music. Has a nice buttery signature to it.
Fidelio X2 for better use with phones and other typical sources of the like. Has more bass, less midrange, and tad bit fuzzy highs. However they're extremely great for movies, hip hop, and gaming with it's larger soundstage for games.

What are you using your headphones for? Heavy gaming? X2. Getting the best clarity you can get? HD600. Relaxing on the porch watching the sun set? HD650.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 11
HD650 for great clarity and better suited for relaxing and enjoying the music. Has a nice buttery signature to it.
Fidelio X2 for better use with phones and other typical sources of the like. Has more bass, less midrange, and tad bit fuzzy highs. However they're extremely great for movies, hip hop, and gaming with it's larger soundstage for games.

What are you using your headphones for? Heavy gaming? X2. Getting the best clarity you can get? HD600. Relaxing on the porch watching the sun set? HD650.

Gaming, movies and music like hip hop is what i like so i guess the x2, maybe the hd600. But should i get the hrt musicstreamer 2+ 2012 edition for that price, it seems like a good price for it. But with the x2 i wont need an amp, could i just connect 2rca to a 3.5mm plug and get the samd sound quality?

Thanks

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 11
Is an amp more important than a dac? Im going to buy used stuff and right now ehat i ha e come up with is sennheiser hd600/650, hrt musicstreamer 2+ 2012 and objective 2 :) what should i change to get better sound? Thanks

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 11

Huh? Have you actually ever listened to them? X2 has a great mid range and plenty of clarity. Anything but "fuzzy" highs.

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 11
  Huh? Have you actually ever listened to them? X2 has a great mid range and plenty of clarity. Anything but "fuzzy" highs.

Huh? Have you actually ever listened to HD600's/ HD650's?
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 11
  Huh? Have you actually ever listened to HD600's/ HD650's?
rolleyes.gif

Nope...and I wasn't talking about the HD600/650 so what's your point?

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 11
Hello, third post. I have been looking into alot of dacs and amps and headphones. Now i got a good deal i think. Its a HRT music streamer 2+ 2012 edition for about 140dollars (I live in sweden). I was thinking of buying this as many have said it is good. I have 2 questions though

1. Is this dac better than o2/odac combo, schiit magni and modi, dragonfly 1.2 and so on? Or should i go for this, when i look at the price at stores its seems like a good deal. 

2. Which headphones should i buy either along with this dac or with another dac 

From listening to some headphones i think i like warm sound, not sure on this one though as someone told me that for SC neutral is the best and it is SC that i am aiming for. 

Any help is appreatiated. Thanks :)

I auditioned a MS2+ against the Modi. The HRT was better in every way imaginable. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back