Best Headphones for a iem guy with glasses Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic
Jan 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #31 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelgome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HFI 780 plus glasses are really uncomfortable.

I've recently purchased Ultrasone PRO 750: I found them very comfortable and I have no problems with my glasses (and I also like very much how they sound
smily_headphones1.gif
). A important factor may also be the thickness of your glasses arms.

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #32 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need closed headphones for a reason.
If isolation from outside noise is one of them, the D2000 will disappoint you. They have a rather poor isolation.
Then the DT770 2005 consumer edition would be a wiser choice. They isolate well, have medium clamping force and velour earpads.

thx for your input, yeah i guess the D2000 wouldn't do
Bump

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #33 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i do get a portable amp would you still recommend the Shure's(one person did say they didn't feel good though)

With my portable amps (D10 & uDac) the K271 have no bass and really do not live up to their potential. I will swap the opamps on my D10 to the AD8656 (comes with D10), which deliver a bit more current but I don't expect a big improvement. The D4 has a 9v battery and there are other more powerful portable amps which could improve their performance but I haven't heard those combinations. But then you'd just blow past your budget for what could be a failed experiment.

Could you try either of the headphones? You could buy both and return one or both- e.g. J&R is very easy with returns, but you could get much better prices for both at Northern Sound & Light, but I'd feel like a heel returning cans to them.. Better yet, buy & sell used until you're happy.
beyersmile.png

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have nothing to add on topic (sorry, OP), but the correct order is: Guys who make Linux, Gates, Jobs.

Sadly Linus Torvalds had laser eye surgery and no longer wears glasses
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #37 of 61
Looks like the AKGs (Not easy to drive)
Shure SRH840( Mixed feelings about how comfortable they are)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 (Not much comments they look comfortable and supposedly sound good)
are the top three contenders
I think i could get a good price on the Beyerdynamic Dt880(250 ohm i think)
how are they like

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #40 of 61
alright
Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT 770
Out of those two are the Beyerdynamic Dt880(low impendence version) better
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no problems with glasses and SRH840s.
I found them to be comfortable overall; ear pads were soft and nice, they're just a little heavy.

how long can you usually wear them?

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #41 of 61
They are heavy compared to other headphones, but I don't find the weight of them fatiguing at all. I can wear them for hours at a time without issue. Once I found an adjustment that worked, the weight nearly disappeared, becoming distributed evenly across the band and lifted slightly by the clamping pressure of the cups. I was joking before about buying new frames, but the glasses comfort is going to be entirely subjective based on the frames, your sensitivity, clamping pressure, cup wear, etc... I don't have a problem at all but, as I mentioned before:

the arms aren't thick enough to get in the way. My wife's glasses have arms about as thick, but she takes her glasses off nearly immediately after putting on the 840s. (Balanced by the fact she would rather work blind and listen to them then put them down.)

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #44 of 61
I've tried DT660, SRH840 and AKG 272HD while wearing glasses. Out of these, the 272 was by far the most comfortable due to less clamping force and soft pads. The DT660 clamps considerably more than the 272, but the SRH840 was deinitely the worst of them. At least with my glasses, the 840 is a no go for me. Fortunately I rarely need to use my glasses though
smily_headphones1.gif
Just when I occasionally spend too many hours working overtime on my computer.

Haven't tried the Denon 2000, but I think I've read they don't clamp that much. The DT770 should be worse than the DT660 I assume.

How about supra aural? Like one of the Senn HD25 models? Not my favourite sounding phone, but lot's of people like it.

Knut

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by enemigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried DT660, SRH840 and AKG 272HD while wearing glasses. Out of these, the 272 was by far the most comfortable due to less clamping force and soft pads. The DT660 clamps considerably more than the 272, but the SRH840 was deinitely the worst of them. At least with my glasses, the 840 is a no go for me. Fortunately I rarely need to use my glasses though
smily_headphones1.gif
Just when I occasionally spend too many hours working overtime on my computer.

Haven't tried the Denon 2000, but I think I've read they don't clamp that much. The DT770 should be worse than the DT660 I assume.

How about supra aural? Like one of the Senn HD25 models? Not my favourite sounding phone, but lot's of people like it.

Knut

The Denons are not closed off enough, and the senn HD25 isn't sound i'm looking for which i want really good sounding ones that will last me/satisfy me for at least a year or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back