Best Headphones for a Guitar Head Amplifier
May 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johnwmclean

Aka: capone, bignurse.
I’ve just bought my son a nice Fender Strat, now I’m thinking of getting a head amp with a headphone jack. What would be a wise choice of headphone to use with a guitar headphone amplifier.

May 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Well, I'll throw out the MS-2. If too much, MS-1. The metal cans with electric guitar are are as good as any I've heard yet.

Or, you could give him your 650s while you upgrade.

After reading the last input, I guess headbanging is out with Grados. I was thinking in terms of sound quality. I suppose a sweatband could help keep them in place.

May 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Having tried to use my Grado's while playing guitar I'd suggest pretty much anything else, nice as they sound. I don't have a small head, but it didn't take much looking at my fingering or controlls for them to fall off!

Now I use a pair of porta pro's with a 1/4" plug, they stay on better and if they get damaged they are much cheaper to replace... Of course if he would like to concentrate without hearing background noise they wouldn't be a good choice.

More information would be useful
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 6
I'd suggest a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros. They're perfect for that sort of use. They also stay on very well without being uncomfortable.

(There's pics here of Mark Knopfler wearing them while recording guitar parts, and I've also seen them on Dave Mustaine in guitar mag ads.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back