Best Headphones for $80-110
Mar 4, 2009 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

GabeJacobs

New Head-Fier
Anyone have any suggestions for good headphones at the price range of $80-110. If anyone has experience with headphones in this price range, please tell me if you would recommend them or not.

Thanks!

- Gabe

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 32
I suggest ad700.
AMAZING detail for the price, and all around a very balanced can, if a little bass-light. but you can fix that with a little fiio e5.
and if they're too loose, a rubber band around the top will fix that, and make them sound more 'in your face' for rock.

but what type of music do you listen to?

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabeJacobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any suggestions for good headphones at the price range of $80-110. If anyone has experience with headphones in this price range, please tell me if you would recommend them or not.

Thanks!

- Gabe

Tell us what your view of a perfect headphone would be. Lots of bass/treble? More mids? Wide sounding? Comfortable? Mellow and smooth sounding? Portable and small? Sound canceling?

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

A little bit of everything, no metal or heavy metal.

well, then the ad700 does sound good.
it's a great all-around can.

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell us what your view of a perfect headphone would be. Lots of bass/treble? More mids? Wide sounding? Comfortable? Mellow and smooth sounding? Portable and small? Sound canceling?

I would like very comfortable headphones that I could possible sleep with. Size it not an issue, the can be big. I am not too picky about sound, but I would like it to be decent, or the best that is in my price range ($120 or less).

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 32
I would also like a look similar to this.

60b116cf756e4df610edf8743ed9667b.png

I kinda like the all black sort of look

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

I would like very comfortable headphones that I could possible sleep with. Size it not an issue, the can be big. I am not too picky about sound, but I would like it to be decent, or the best that is in my price range ($120 or less).

Well at the price point your looking to spend, its more about the sound then anything. You find comfy $20 headphones all the time.

What is good sound to you? Mellow and crystal clear or big and powerful sounding?

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well at the price point your looking to spend, its more about the sound then anything. You find comfy $20 headphones all the time.

What is good sound to you? Mellow and crystal clear or big and powerful sounding?

I don't need any powerful bass heavy headphones. Just simply nice sound quality. Not really sure how to describe what I want...

other than the ad-700's any other suggestions?

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

I don't need any powerful bass heavy headphones. Just simply nice sound quality. Not really sure how to describe what I want...

other than the ad-700's any other suggestions?

Alessandro MS-1 or Grado SR-80. They are black and have retro looks. I and many others find them quite comfortable, some find them not. The MS1 is very balanced, crystal clear, and natural sounding. I dont think you will be disappointed with anything mentioned in this thread, especially AD700 or grados.

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are also the HD555, but I've had both, and preferred the AD700. It's my favorite phone under $250.

yeah, I had the hd555s too and I sold them.

although, even though they looked weird, they were many times more normal looking than the ad700s.

but the ad700s are comfortable. and I'm sure you could spray them black if that's what you wanted. you'd obviously have to mask certain parts of it, though. (I wonder why almost no people on here do simple DIY look mods? with every other hobby I have, people do them all the time. do they mess with the acoustics? )

EDIT: for the hd280s, the ad700s sound a lot better IMO. and the hd280s aren't that much of an improvement of looks, either- they look pretty weird too.
but nearly every high end can does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back