Best headphones for $500 or less, for sound quality
Sep 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

musicmaddy

New Head-Fier
hi

i have read countless posts comments, review and videos on what headphones to buy. and so far they have a got me confused some say buy them some say dont. so i thought i would post my own to make sure the head phones are good in the areas i like

well im having a hard time choosing what headphones to buy, i haven't had any headphones before unless you count listening to someone elses. i would like to buy the best headphones for sound quality that you can buy with $500 or less , i listen to many types of music , heavy metal, dubstep, classic, pop, rock, R &B, it all depends on my mood. but i would like something with quality all round but i guess if i had to choose it would be better with bass. 

overall i want headphones that i can enjoy listening to music that i like with better quality than i have now. i mean like enjoy them music where you sit there and you can hear all the different instruments and how they all join together.

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 16
it can be very confusing esp. if you cant go out and demo HPs for yourself

Whats your source going to be?Amp/no amp?

You will find that the higher in price and quality you go the higher the likelihood that you will need a good amp as well 

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 16
yeah, well i was just thinking i dont mind if it needs an amp or not , i would buy one. i guess i just would like to know some good headphones around that price range and i would buy and amp if it needs one

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
Get yourself a HD600 and an O2 amp. 

Hd 600 is a great hp...Havent heard the 02 combo yet

HD650 w/ HiFi M8 is a great sounding combo too...but the M8 is $$$

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
Hd 600 is a great hp...Havent heard the 02 combo yet

HD650 w/ HiFi M8 is a great sounding combo too...but the M8 is $$$

Yeah, the M8 is probably well out of the OP's price range. The O2 is probably the cheapest amp that can drive the HD6X0 series well. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
Yeah, the M8 is probably well out of the OP's price range. The O2 is probably the cheapest amp that can drive the HD6X0 series well. 

Its out of my price range too,still getting it :wink:

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #10 of 16
Also I was wanting to get the hifman he 500 as my headphones ( my goal headphones to start with,if I had the money) there are pricey , I was wondering are there any headphones like that and maybe cheap so kind of like downgrading to something cheaper ?

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #12 of 16
For "better with bass" sound, you should look into the HiFiMan HE-400s. That would be more in your budget range, and people that are looking for good bass tend to like the sound.

Schiit Modi/Magni is an excellent entry level audiophile DAC/amp setup that would work well for headphones in your budget range.

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Also I was wanting to get the hifman he 500 as my headphones ( my goal headphones to start with,if I had the money) there are pricey , I was wondering are there any headphones like that and maybe cheap so kind of like downgrading to something cheaper ?

HiFiMan need a very strong amp to drive them
Quote:
What is the difference with the hd 600 and hd 650 ?

600s are more even and natural,whereas the 650s have more bass,but like the HiFiMan,very hard to drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back