best headphones for $300ish
Jan 29, 2014 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

broazny

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones for $300. As of now I have the crossfade lps and they are pretty muddy. I want a headphone with a cable you can remove. Also, I listen to all genres I want the bass to be rich and have the vibrations. Mids should be warm. Highs should "hurt my ears" or be crisp. Next it should not leak l. My lps leak so much is sad. Btw are the new studios worth it?

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 8
New studios are much better than the old ones... but still very ehhhh for the price. I wouldnt recommend it really

NAD Viso HP50 are probably one of the best options at 300 dollars

You could look into sennheiser momentums, Sony MDR 1R, or akg k550. Theyre all decent choices for classical music.

Do you need it to be portable?

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 8
New studios are much better than the old ones... but still very ehhhh for the price. I wouldnt recommend it reallyit would be nice want to have detach cable. Like I said all genres I like electronic too

NAD Viso HP50 are probably one of the best options at 300 dollars

You could look into sennheiser momentums, Sony MDR 1R, or akg k550. Theyre all decent choices for classical music.

Do you need it to be portable?

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 8
Hi,

You should consider Yamaha HPH Pro 400.

Best Luck!

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #7 of 8
It would be nice to have a case and detach cable

For all of what you want + good SQ for classical music @ its pricepoint you should get the Sennheiser Momentums if you want closed cans. You'll be very, very happy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back