Best headphones for 300$-400$?[Dubstep, D&B and Pop.]
Feb 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hakon

New Head-Fier
I'm in the game for a new set of headphones and have no clue as to what I should pick. I'v tried a few I didn't like for various reasons and I'm now coming to you for help. What I'm looking for:

- Over-ear design.
- Bass heavy.
- Good sound quality.
- Wired with no batteries

I will mostly be listening tovarious sub-genres of Dubstep, D&B and Pop.
Sound card: Asus Xonar Essence STX

I've been recommended both the Beyerdynamic DT770 and the VModa M100 but I'm really lost as to what is best in my price point.

Help? :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 11
Are you looking for portability too? Two portable headphones that I might suggest are V-moda M100 and B&W P7

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 11
  Are you looking for portability too? Two portable headphones that I might suggest are V-moda M100 and B&W P7

Not necessarily, I will mostly be using them at home by my desk. But off course it's a plus.

The M-100 is really nice.

What I've heard about the M100 is that it's not very comfortable(small/shallow clocks)? Since no one carry the M100 in Norway I will have to get one from over seas(Expensive if I have to return.)

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 11
m100s are definitely nice for your genres... I believe they actually came out with "XL" earpads which are...well... larger and deeper. I don't know what the consensus is on those in sound quality and comfort, but its something to look into.
XL earpads:
http://v-moda.com/xl-memory-cushions/
I would look at the m100 thread for more info on those, can't help there as I no longer own the m100s.

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 11
*points to M100 in his avatar*

I have a big head, no problems with comfort. My ears are EXACTLY the size of the opening, and yes they're shallow so your ears will be gently against the surface, but it's not uncomfortable or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back