Best headphones for 150$
Nov 6, 2017 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

afonsoocosta

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

i'm selling my Trinity Audio Master to buy a new pair of headphones, probably will try to catch something on Black Friday, what do you think i look for 150$? I want a closed headphones, to listen eletronic music on a library or in school.

I already have some options like Audio technica m50x, beyerdynamic dt 770 and sennheiser hd 598, but i realy don't know what to choose. Already read the m50x are a bit uncomfortable and i want to stay like 4-5 hours with the phones, so i need something comfortable.

If you could tell me what you think about the headphones i talked about or recommend another i will be grateful.

Btw i have a amp, a JBL labs Objective 2

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 31
None of the Senn's are any good for electronic, just something to consider

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 31
I really like the look of them, but i also like bass, a lot of bass, on music, don't know if they are good on that xD
Not at all haha, you would be better suited by another brand

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 31
I think is better to cancel the sennheiser, so i have the beyerdynamic or the m50x.

In the beyerdynamic is not better the 80 Ohm version because i have a amp?

@YJX94 yes, on my trinity the filter is the one with more bass, so we can say i like bass :D

Btw thanks for the helping guys

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 31
+1 on the dt770 or anything else from that line

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 31
I think is better to cancel the sennheiser, so i have the beyerdynamic or the m50x.

80 Ohm version doesn't really need an amp but one may help a bit

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #11 of 31

@YJX94 yes, on my trinity the filter is the one with more bass, so we can say i like bass :D

I'd still go for the 32 Ohm version. 80 Ohm has a 3m NON-REMOVABLE CABLE screw*** BEYERDYNAMIC SERIOUSLY. But yeah you get the point.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #13 of 31
I'd still go for the 32 Ohm version. 80 Ohm has a 3m NON-REMOVABLE CABLE screw*** BEYERDYNAMIC SERIOUSLY. But yeah you get the point.
I'm thinking about buying the dt770 or the m50x. I will mainly be using it to listen to indie and indie-rock on my laptop and sometimes on my phone. Do you have any suggestion?

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #15 of 31
I'm thinking about buying the dt770 or the m50x. I will mainly be using it to listen to indie and indie-rock on my laptop and sometimes on my phone. Do you have any suggestion?
DT 770 all day erryday. I know M50X are wildly popular but honestly they're like the Beats of the audiophile world, wayyyy overrated and not good for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back