Best Headphones Around $100
Apr 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Broese

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones to use withe my android phone and computer. I listen to various music types including rap, rock, pop etc. I'm not obsessed with bass and mostly want a pair of headphones with good overall sound quality. Its mostly for at home use but would be a plus if it could be carried in my backpack without being crushed by textbooks. I I'm willing to spend like $150 on the headphones + an amp it it would improve the quality significantly. I already have klipsch s4's  and a logitech g930 but the klipsch are coming to the end of their lifespan. Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need any additional details let me know. Thank you.

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 10
For <$100 the Sennheiser PX100/200 are a good deal, but they are on-ear.

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 10
Normally I'd recommend Creative Aurvana Live! for this price range, but I don't think they are built strong enough to use as portables, even part time portables.  Maybe the Sony ZX700 or Sony MDR V6.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I was thinking about senn HD 280s. Any ideas on those?

PX 100/200s are not IEMs but they're *on* - ear, not *in* ear. Plus they're not large so easy to carry around.
The HD 280s are pretty big, but you can go through the reviews by other members. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

PX 100/200s are not IEMs but they're *on* - ear, not *in* ear. Plus they're not large so easy to carry around.
The HD 280s are pretty big, but you can go through the reviews by other members. 

would you say that an on ear like the px200s are better worse or the same sound quality of an iem like my klipsches. I dont mind having bigger headphones if the sound quality is better as like I said there mostly for at home it would just be nice if I could bring them if I know that I m going to be waiting somewhere for a like if im taking a bus or somthing but thats not required because I can use my klipsches for on the go listening.

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #10 of 10
IEMs are better outdoors. For the same price you can expect a better isolation and *might* get better performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back