best headphones and mp3
Jun 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Baron5

New Head-Fier
hey im going to get a new portable player and earbud headphones and was wondering which ones i should get. currently i have
cx-300 senhieser earphones
samsung ypk3 2gb player - broken (on/off button)

i want the best sound quality i can get for about 250 on the player and 150-200 on the headphones. (AUS dollars)

i was thinking these

meizu miniplayer sl 8GB - supporrts flac, wondering if this is any good coz i need flac support?

ultimate ears super fi 4
or
Etymotic ER-6i
or
Shure SE210 Sound Isolating ( bit expensive but heard much better than e110
).

any help would be nice
thanks, mat

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 10
Chances are you won't be able to hear the difference between 320 kbps mp3 and FLAC on a relatively mid-end portable.

How about the Cowon D2 (player + whatever card you can get for the remaining funds) and with the UE SuperFi 5? What kind of sound are you after?

You have many DAP choices for $250.

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 10
I'd say get Cowon D2 16gb, it's $230 at amazon.
Then later, if you need more memory and have more $ you can always buy a 32gb sdhc card from amazon for $150.

For headphones I can't recommend much sorry.
Maybe UE superfi 5 or q-jays.

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say get Cowon D2 16gb, it's $230 at amazon.
Then later, if you need more memory and have more $ you can always buy a 32gb sdhc card from amazon for $150.

Remember that he needs it to be shipped to Australia for a total of $250 for the Cowon, making the 16GB out of his range. Similarly, the Q-Jays are now 200+ US (AFAIK) shipped, and are also out of his price bracket.

You can get the 16GB iAudio 7 for less than $250 I THINK. Try MP3 Players Shop - MP3 Player selection from Creative Zen, iRiver & Apple iPods. You're paying heaps for their services though (on the positives, local shipping, warranty, etc).

You can get the SuperFi5 shipped to Australia for less than $200 AU for sure.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 10
And also that Amazon doesn't ship out of the US most of the time. Importing services will most likely charge another $10, so it would bring total sale cost to around $250, and that's without the sales tax (I believe this is not included in the list price - not sure).

Jun 28, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 10
so the meizu players are no good? i was looking round and people were saying a certain sony model meizu and conwon i think it was aswell were all good.

also how much difference will i notice in sound from my cx-300 and samsung player.

i am looking for the best sound i can get for my price bracket.

as long as my total budget is about 400, even is it means to get more expensive headphones and less expensive player.

Jun 28, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that he needs it to be shipped to Australia for a total of $250 for the Cowon, making the 16GB out of his range. Similarly, the Q-Jays are now 200+ US (AFAIK) shipped, and are also out of his price bracket.

You can get the 16GB iAudio 7 for less than $250 I THINK. Try MP3 Players Shop - MP3 Player selection from Creative Zen, iRiver & Apple iPods. You're paying heaps for their services though (on the positives, local shipping, warranty, etc).

You can get the SuperFi5 shipped to Australia for less than $200 AU for sure.

the super.fi 5 are 330 without shipping. In Ear earphones at Minidisc Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back