Best headphones < $100 (but they cant sound isolate and they can't be open)
Oct 1, 2007 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

elai

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to find the best headphones < $100 but won't be the sound isolating earplug types that would totally block off all sound around me, but at the same time, wont annoy fellow students in a quiet study hall type of situation with my music blasting out of my headphones. What would you guys suggest?

(Also, they can sound isolate a little bit, I'm listening to music after all, but not completely like my previous earplug-type headphones did when I had music going on)

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 3
rp21, es7, k518/81dj. You can find the k518 or k81 for around $60, and the es7 and rp21 right around the 100 dollar mark. I'd also recommend the sennheiser hd25 but I'm not sure if the sale at buy.com is still available or not.

The above mentioned headphones are all closed headphones that will not leak your music unless you listen at an extremely high volume, while at the same time, they still allow you to hear your surroundings. (run on sentence much?
tongue.gif
)

Your preference in music would likely determine which headphones you choose to buy. Keep in mind there are more options for the price with the qualities that you ask for, it's just that I listed the first few that came to my mind. Hope you can find the right phones for you. Enjoy
eggosmile.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 3
I think Yuin Pk2 might work for you. They function like an ipod buds so they don't isolate at all but doesn't leak sound. It worked well for me in libraries. Sound is great for an earbud.

Headphones like RP21/HD25 might also work for you. I think overall it sounds better than the PK2s. But they isolate some sound, a bit uncomfortable, and that bass might interfere with your concentration when you study with it. The PK2s more low profile sound sig might be better for studying. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back