Best headphone without amp?
Nov 13, 2015 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

uncopy87

Head-Fier
So I have a hd800 that I want to sell right now cause I don't have enough hours on them (realized too busy to be listening to them), which I'm trying to sell. And I don't like using headphone amps. Too bothersome for what I do.

So I'm trying to get another cheaper headphone. But I want it to be without amp.
People know that hd800 is great. So I'm asking if one knows something that is comparable without the need of an amp?
Price range below $500

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Can't go wrong with the PSB M4U 1/2 or the NAD Viso HP50.

beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 5
So I have a hd800 that I want to sell right now cause I don't have enough hours on them (realized too busy to be listening to them), which I'm trying to sell. And I don't like using headphone amps. Too bothersome for what I do.

So I'm trying to get another cheaper headphone. But I want it to be without amp.
People know that hd800 is great. So I'm asking if one knows something that is comparable without the need of an amp?
Price range below $500

Heya,

I'd say try something like a Beyer DT880 32ohm or an AudioTechnica AD900X or similar.

Very best,

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 5

Price range below $500

Oppo's PM-3s work well for me with or without an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back