Best headphone with good Bass ~$300-350 (for EDM/DN'B music) ?
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #31 of 55
I think I'll definitely go with the 1MORE H1707, Mhog and a presentation video from "Z reviews" on Youtube convinced me.
I'll give my impressions in some time, I'm waiting for the LG V30 prices to drop a bit so I can buy these headphones at the same time.

Dont miss out on the sale.... That is a great price

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #32 of 55
Dont miss out on the sale.... That is a great price
There are two pair for sale in the classifieds as well. I bet these will sound great with an LG V30 in high impedance mode. Almost every can I have now with the exception of a few higher impedance, benefit greatly from that extra power. I was actually surprised, as I figured an efficient headphone in auxiliary mode would be good - and it is, but my Meze 99s and Hifiman edition S really wake up and come alive with the extra juice. I bet these cans will as well.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #33 of 55
There are two pair for sale in the classifieds as well. I bet these will sound great with an LG V30 in high impedance mode. Almost every can I have now with the exception of a few higher impedance, benefit greatly from that extra power. I was actually surprised, as I figured an efficient headphone in auxiliary mode would be good - and it is, but my Meze 99s and Hifiman edition S really wake up and come alive with the extra juice. I bet these cans will as well.

I have heard nothing but great things about the V30 even compared to dedicated DAPS.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #36 of 55
Hi guys, I'm back with some questions :

1) Will I be able to have a good sound connecting these 32 ohm headphones (h1707) into my computer?
2) I'm looking for a good bang for the buck DAP or a compact phone. I considered the Shanling m3s, it says it should be paired with certain headphones and not for headphones that have a sensivity over 110 dB (h1707 has 104 dB).
I haven't found any good compact phone for audio, do you know any?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #37 of 55
Depends on your budget for the DAP. I've had good experiences with Aune and Fiio. Sony's are kind of anemic in the power output. You may also want to look at Cayin and Hifiman.

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #38 of 55
Depends on your budget for the DAP. I've had good experiences with Aune and Fiio. Sony's are kind of anemic in the power output. You may also want to look at Cayin and Hifiman.

I don't understand because when I search for reviews about the Fiio products, I get very mixed reviews. For example a lot of Fiio users have a problem with the buggy and slow software and some say it has stopped working after a couple of months...
I've looked into Cayin products and same for the Fiio, very mixed reviews about the N5.

Anyway, I need a new smartphone, and new smartphone + DAP + 1MORE H1707 cans is way over my budget. I could have bought the LG V30 for it's audio capabilities so I wouldn't have to buy a DAC but I want a small phone.
My new idea is to buy the Xperia XZ1 Compact and pair it with a Audioquest DragonFly Black. Could take a better DAC (maybe?) but I see a lot of reviewers praise this product and say it's a good bang for the buck and I haven't found any small and compact DAC I could fit in my pocket along with my phone.

What do you think about this?

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #39 of 55
I don't understand because when I search for reviews about the Fiio products, I get very mixed reviews. For example a lot of Fiio users have a problem with the buggy and slow software and some say it has stopped working after a couple of months...
I've looked into Cayin products and same for the Fiio, very mixed reviews about the N5.

Anyway, I need a new smartphone, and new smartphone + DAP + 1MORE H1707 cans is way over my budget. I could have bought the LG V30 for it's audio capabilities so I wouldn't have to buy a DAC but I want a small phone.
My new idea is to buy the Xperia XZ1 Compact and pair it with a Audioquest DragonFly Black. Could take a better DAC (maybe?) but I see a lot of reviewers praise this product and say it's a good bang for the buck and I haven't found any small and compact DAC I could fit in my pocket along with my phone.

What do you think about this?

You mentioned worries about getting good results. Fiio, Aune, Cayin, and some Hifiman DAPs have much more power output than Sony's or Shanlings. I've had no issues with my Fiio X1. Bootup time is slower than my Sony and Aune, and the Aune is a bit more difficult to navigate, but as for sound quality, that's up to taste. The x1 is warm, the Aune is a bit more bright, and the Sony is pretty solid, but I think it's only putting out like 35mW per channel? If the headphones you use need are even slightly less than efficient, there may be issues getting the best sound out of them.

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #40 of 55
Hi guys, I'm back with some questions :

1) Will I be able to have a good sound connecting these 32 ohm headphones (h1707) into my computer?
2) I'm looking for a good bang for the buck DAP or a compact phone. I considered the Shanling m3s, it says it should be paired with certain headphones and not for headphones that have a sensivity over 110 dB (h1707 has 104 dB).
I haven't found any good compact phone for audio, do you know any?

Thanks in advance.
Both the Cayin N3 and Shanling M2s are solid bang for your buck daps. Both will also make those 1 mores sing all on their own. Do some reading on the sonic differences between the two.

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #41 of 55
You mentioned worries about getting good results. Fiio, Aune, Cayin, and some Hifiman DAPs have much more power output than Sony's or Shanlings. I've had no issues with my Fiio X1. Bootup time is slower than my Sony and Aune, and the Aune is a bit more difficult to navigate, but as for sound quality, that's up to taste. The x1 is warm, the Aune is a bit more bright, and the Sony is pretty solid, but I think it's only putting out like 35mW per channel? If the headphones you use need are even slightly less than efficient, there may be issues getting the best sound out of them.

There are so many recommended DAP's it's a bit overwhelming. Unless I try them all there is no way I can get a solid opinion.

Both the Cayin N3 and Shanling M2s are solid bang for your buck daps. Both will also make those 1 mores sing all on their own. Do some reading on the sonic differences between the two.

Where can I read about the differences?
How does ~$150-200 DAP compare to a phone + DragonFly Black dac ?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #42 of 55
Zayl - Type Shanling M2s into your Google search. Find the review written at headphonics. They provide a really good sound comparison on page 3. You can also read the numerous user reviews for both products right here

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #43 of 55
Hey guys !
Coming back to say that I have the 1More H1707 for over a year now and I can say I'm quite satisfied. I've paired it with a Dragonfly Black plugged into my phone.
Bass is excellent and I really love my electronic tracks.
However, the metal genre is not sounding really great, voices and the guitar sound a bit scuffed. Isolation is not really great either, I wish I could concentrate more on the music without having to raise the volume so much (I listen to music in public transportations).
Not counting to buy another headphone for now.

I would like to buy a budget DAP (-$250) and after having done a bit of research, I might take the Shanling M2X or the Hiby R3 Pro Saber. What do you think about it?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #44 of 55
Hey guys !
Coming back to say that I have the 1More H1707 for over a year now and I can say I'm quite satisfied. I've paired it with a Dragonfly Black plugged into my phone.
However, the metal genre is not sounding really great, voices and the guitar sound a bit scuffed. Isolation is not really great either, I wish I could concentrate more on the music without having to raise the volume so much (I listen to music in public transportations).

I would like to buy a budget DAP (-$250) and after having done a bit of research, I might take the Shanling M2X or the Hiby R3 Pro Saber. What do you think about it?
Grab the regular Hiby R3 Pro. The Cirrus chips jive better with metal imo. It kinda smooths out those rough edges that the ESS chips have. It's also more musical to my ears, where as the Saber leans slightly more towards the analytical side of things. It should be a nice companion to the 1 more. I sold my 1 more, as I felt the mids weren't as forward as I prefer, especially with metal and such.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #45 of 55
Hey guys !

It should also improve some if you can utilize the 2.5mm balanced connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back