Best headphone with amp?
Aug 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

coolkidsforlife

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I need a good open headphone for around $100-$150. I was thinking about getting the sennheiser 558's, but they are a low impedance and people say they don't work we'll with an amp. The headphones have to have great clarity and be the best in their price range. Thanks!

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 18
Sure the 558s will work well with an amp. What amp are you thinking about?

As for headphones, do you need portable headphones? Or are these only for home use? What kind of music do you listen to? What are you hooking the headphones up to? Extra information about your needs would help people to recommend something for you :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 18
Sure the 558s will work well with an amp. What amp are you thinking about?

As for headphones, do you need portable headphones? Or are these only for home use? What kind of music do you listen to? What are you hooking the headphones up to? Extra information about your needs would help people to recommend something for you :)

No. I don't need a portable amp. I listen to practically all types of music but mostly electronic. No, I don't need portable headphones, I will just use them at home. And not sure what amp. And oh my iPhone 4.

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 18
Are these the best choice? Or could I find something better?

They compete with the best <$250 headphones. Whether or not they are the best choice for you depends on your listening tastes. Best bet is to order them and return them if you don't like them. Amazon or fufilled by Amazon (but not 3rd party vendors who do their own shipping) RMA process is easy. Keep the headphones and the packaging in mint condition, and usually only costs around $10 to ship them back. Fair price to pay for in home demo of nice headphones :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 18
They compete with the best <$250 headphones. Whether or not they are the best choice for you depends on your listening tastes. Best bet is to order them and return them if you don't like them. Amazon or fufilled by Amazon (but not 3rd party vendors who do their own shipping) RMA process is easy. Keep the headphones and the packaging in mint condition, and usually only costs around $10 to ship them back. Fair price to pay for in home demo of nice headphones :)

Thanks! Any idea of what headphones I should get if they go off sale though?

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #9 of 18
DT990 is always available sub $170 throughout most of the year.

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 18
Aug 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
They compete with the best <$250 headphones. Whether or not they are the best choice for you depends on your listening tastes. Best bet is to order them and return them if you don't like them. Amazon or fufilled by Amazon (but not 3rd party vendors who do their own shipping) RMA process is easy. Keep the headphones and the packaging in mint condition, and usually only costs around $10 to ship them back. Fair price to pay for in home demo of nice headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Trust me those are totally worth it, you can buy a Fiio E11 for around $35 here on head fi, they would do a great job powering the Dt 990. Trust me it's an excellent can! I own it and I love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back