Durability
Bass ok

I listen to rock, alternative, no rap, pop
I saw a few:
Bose ae2
Beats mixr
Skull candy aviators
Akg k67
Which is better among them? Or refer something else...
PRICE UNDER 250
Thank you

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 22
What source(s) are the headphones going to be plugged into?

Is that price 250 dollars? Euros? GBP?
(I assuming it's dollars)

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 22
JVC HA-S500 folding closed headphones, sell for under $60.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 22
Some people don't like the comfort--you'd want to buy them so that you could return them if the comfort didn't suit you--but the Beyerdynamic DT1350s seem like they could be an excellent choice for your musical tastes. You can get them for under $220 from Amazon right now. Here is a review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350
And here is a discussion thread if you'd like to learn more or ask questions: http://www.head-fi.org/t/533508/new-beyer-dt1350

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 22
I own currently the cd900st and I believe they are less than 250. They are very good for the price, it's the Japanese standard monitoring headphone. It is very clear with very large soundstage with good emphasis in the mids for vocals. The only problem though is its kind of on ear as the pads are very shallow and you can only get it in japan. I know there are variants like 7506 but they are not as good. Maybe try srh840 also monitoring around 250. I see it as low as 149 in amazon . Headfonia says it is better than the cd900st. Hope this helps.

Jonathan.

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 22
Forgive me, I couldnt see the portability requirement at first. Monitoring headphones are very good for the price and uses full size drivers, they have very clear sound, with balanced bass
just about enough and are neutral. Because of this monitoring headphones are normaly for at home use. Though I always carry my cd900st in a large bag without folding around university, they are very durable . Also finally I believe the isolalaton is very low in cd900st. Perhaps the 840 is much better in that.

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #10 of 22
ok!
first: sony mdr is nice, will consider that, anything similar?
second: what do i do with cables of 9FT that the shure and other headphones have? is it easy to carry? are they not meant to be stay at home and listen?
third: i am always on the run, so i am looking for something that is a bit durable and not FLIMSY. 
AND IT HAS TO BE COMFORTABLE. 
fourth: what about akg k67? or k167?
has to be over ear or around ear! 

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:
ok!
first: sony mdr is nice, will consider that, anything similar?
second: what do i do with cables of 9FT that the shure and other headphones have? is it easy to carry? are they not meant to be stay at home and listen?
third: i am always on the run, so i am looking for something that is a bit durable and not FLIMSY. 
AND IT HAS TO BE COMFORTABLE. 
fourth: what about akg k67? or k167?
has to be over ear or around ear! 

JMHO, but if someone asks for the best headphone under $250, there are two - the Sony MDR-V6 and the Sennheiser HD-25-1 II.  Both are bullet-proof.  The Sony collapses into a little bundle and comes with a pleather drawstring case.  The Senn HD-25 comes in a nylon drawstring case.  The Sony appeals to those who want Beats/Bose/Sol/etc. - superbly emphasized bass and lots of high-end sparkle - an impressive headphone and Beats the BEATS in cost/performance by a mile.  On the other hand, if you tend toward more of an audiophile experience - flat, while punchy bass and sparkling highs, yet flat enough that the midrange is articulate - then the HD25 is a great choice.  Both have been around long enough to have spare parts galore.  The Sony has after-market ear pads (their main fault - the pleather pads disintegrate in about a year) and the Senn has almost every part user-replaceable.  It's a lot of plastic, but the Senn is a legend with stories of people dropping them in the bottom of their book bags and coming out unscathed.  The Sony is circumaural, so offers typical closed-headphone isolation.  The Senn is legendary with its supra-aural design that offers the greatest dB output of any full-sized headphone.

The Sony can be had for about $75 with another $20 for the after-market velour ear pads.  The Senn will probably cost you $200 street price new.  Both are worthwhile investments. 

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #13 of 22
Hi Sounderhd,

For shure 840 it says it is 10ft but it is coiled. I'm not sure whether it means you can stretch it to become 10ft, or when its coiled it is 10ft. However, my friend owns the sony 7506 and when its coiled I think it was fine. Plus the 840's cable is detachable.  Shure does a straight wire http://www.shure.co.uk/products/accessories/hpasca1 but it is 2.5m I think compared to the 3m coiled. The HD 25's are a popular choice, however, they are on ear compared to the full size shure headphone. For me on ear's aren't very comfortable and won't last you very long until your ears hurt, though if you're traveling time is about 45 mins then it is fine. If you are interested in HD 25's, you might want to check out Beyerdynamic T50's which uses the Tesla technology found in their flagship T1's if I'm not wrong. In terms of soundstage, I think the HD25's cannot beat a full-size driver, however, the 25's and the T50 are are definetely inclined towards being more portable. I don't know much about custom one pro, sorry about that, but from what I see it is easy to drive at 16 ohms which perhaps suggest an i pod can drive it by itself. Hope this helps.

Jonathan.

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:
Im looking for:
Super clear sound
Comfort
Durability
Bass ok

I saw a few:
Bose ae2
Beats mixr
Skull candy aviators
Akg k67
PRICE UNDER 250
Thank you

The best bang for money in this price limit is ATH-A900X. It is in a different league from the headphones that you mentioned. Do not get any of those. 

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:
Im looking for:
Super clear sound
Comfort
Durability
Bass ok

I saw a few:
Bose ae2
Beats mixr
Skull candy aviators
Akg k67
PRICE UNDER 250
Thank you

The best bang for money in this price limit is ATH-A900X. It is in a different league from the headphones that you mentioned. Do not get any of those. 
click this link - http://www.head-fi.org/t/650785/audio-technica-ath-a900x-appreciation-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back