BEST HEADPHONE UNDER $250
Jun 21, 2013 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

blastpast

New Head-Fier
I need a headphone around the $250 price range that contains the following traits!
GREAT SOUND( not only clean balanced and fun to listen to but I also want to hear details u usually wouldn't hear)
GREAT BASS( along with the great sound, doesn't muddy but instead has nice texture and body)
COMFORT( something I can wear for hours and just get lost In my music)
ISOLATION/NOISE CANCELLING( headphone that will keep outside noises out and my music in)
SHORT CORD(I don't want a long cord that I have to drag around I'm mostly walking/traveling with these I don't need an extremely long wire)
THE MAIN GENRES I LISTEN TO ARE RAP BUT I LISTEN TO EVERYTHING SO I WANT EVERYTHING TO SOUND GOOD.

Also same with in ear headphone but something under $100 ( needs all if the above traits too!)

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 8
So you want a pair of over ear cans and some IEMs on the side? I like bass myself,and for your pricerange i would go for Atrio MG7s and if you don't have a problem buying used cans,go for V-Moda M-100s. But if you do,maybe some V-Moda LP/LP2s? 

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 8
Funny, basshead cans and comfortable can't be used in the same sentence from my experience. My ws99 performs well and is comfortable for about an hour but I can't wear it any longer. Id say get the Sony mdr 1r and if you need more bass (though the 1r has emphasis on the mid bass) just use an eq. Those or the new kef m500 that im waiting for to get to my house right now.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphones.
Digbuy is selling them for $154.99, plus tax & shipping, I paid $256 for mine.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 8
No basshead headphones can be VERY comfortable,you just have to spend more than $250 on them. The denon AH-D400s are said to be very comfortable,but they're $400. And theres always the denon D7ks,which are well over $1000 new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back