Best Headphone under $150
Mar 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mixinator

New Head-Fier
I make house music on FL Studio on high level. I'd like to know what's the best headphone to use for producing house music and for listening too. every site says a different best headphone. But what's really the best? Price range $150 and below.

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 5
The Ultrasone HFI580, Sennheiser HD595 are pretty good for the price and they are very detailed with good punchy bass.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I make house music on FL Studio on high level. I'd like to know what's the best headphone to use for producing house music and for listening too. every site says a different best headphone. But what's really the best? Price range $150 and below.

What do you mean by 'high level'? 24bit/96khz? Also, what kind of sound card are you using? You may want to look into upgrading that next if you're using on-board audio.

Either way, I work in Native Instruments Maschine/Komplete, and all of the headphones in my signature have been great. I purchased the Sennheiser HD558 from Best Buy for $150, but they list for higher prices lately. The HD518 may be worth looking into, but I have no personal experience with them.

The Ultrasone HFI-580 is priced fairly close to your budget if you shop around or lurk the classified forums.

Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you decide to purchase.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back