Best headphone under 100$ for smartphone use !
Dec 16, 2015 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

redarecoba

New Head-Fier
hi , i want to buy a headphone under 100$ for smartphone use , i found the Audio-Technica m40X but i dont now if they will sound good with mp3 files from a smartphone ,if someone can give me another great headphones models .

thank you

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Do you want a closed headphone which blocks surrounding sound, or an open headphone? A closed headphone might be dangerous to use in some circumstances, such as when crossing traffic intersections. If you do want something with isolation, do you want a circumaural(surrounding the ears) headphone, or an in the ear isolating earphone? 
Most on the ear closed headphones don't give that much isolation unless they clamp very tightly. Keep in mind that a closed circumaural headphone is likely to make your ears overheat(except perhaps outdoors in the cold weather).  Do you want a headphone that is neutral, or one with extra bass?

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 7
first of all thank you for your reply , and i want to use it most of the time in the house , so the choice between circumaural or isolation headphone dont matter , the most important thing for me is the sound , i listen to a lot of music styles , hip hop , electro , psy , soul , down tempo , pop ... so the sound must be neutral and detailled , the bass is not the most important thing .

thank you

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 7
  first of all thank you for your reply , and i want to use it most of the time in the house , so the choice between circumaural or isolation headphone dont matter , the most important thing for me is the sound , i listen to a lot of music styles , hip hop , electro , psy , soul , down tempo , pop ... so the sound must be neutral and detailled , the bass is not the most important thing .

thank you

In that case, you should consider a good open headphone for much better comfort, midrange detail, and soundstage. The Sennheiser HD558 is around $100. The HD518 is priced lower.  The HD558 and HD518 are very popular here, although the more expensive Sennheiser HD598 is much more popular here. Keep in mind though that an open headphone won't have as strong bass impact as a good closed one. I can no longer use closed  circumaural  headphones, as my ears overheat much too quickly. You should try listening to the Sennheiser HD518 and HD558 and decide if you like the sound quality and fit. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 7
yes i understand , but i live in morocco so i cant but any headphone model , i foud : sennheiser momentum 1.0 /  audio technica m30X-m40X / skullcandy crusher /  sennheiser HD215 II / TDK WR 780 SHB7150FW/00  / Sennheiser HD-280 Pro , in i have to chose one of this headphones which one is the better ?

thank you

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 7
yes i understand , but i live in morocco so i cant but any headphone model , i foud : sennheiser momentum 1.0 /  audio technica m30X-m40X / skullcandy crusher /  sennheiser HD215 II / TDK WR 780 SHB7150FW/00  / Sennheiser HD-280 Pro , in i have to chose one of this headphones which one is the better ?

thank you

i have a couple of HP's, none of them very high-end, and the one I prefer for listening to music in my cellphone is the audio-technica m30x. I find that it makes mp3 music come alive, especially the mids and highs.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 7

thank you

Obviously it is better to be able to try a headphone before buying it, however if you are willing to take a chance based on reviews, you could buy from B&H.

"We ship worldwide (except to Iran, Sudan, Cuba, Syria, North Korea, and Uganda)."

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back