Best headphone like LCD 2 without the weight?
Jun 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

thenewguy21

Head-Fier
So I loved the LCD 2 so so much but I just couldn't take the weight. I have tried the HE-400, and 500 but they are nothing compared to the LCD2. Is there any headphone that is lightweight but sounds like the LCD2. I know the static omega MKII sounds pretty good, but I'm a little hesitant to spend that much. Is there any other headphone that might get me the LCD 2 sound at a lighter weight and a better price point then the static?

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 11
My point? We all hear differently. 

By they way, I don't mean to say that HD650 is a bright phone, it's not, both are relatively warm (though LCD2 is darker) but HD650 render treble much more beautifully than LCD2.

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 11
I had the hd 650 for a long time but I never thought you had that organic sound that the LCD 2 had. Is there maybe a solid amp that would help give them that sound? I was running them on a Little Dot Mk III.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 11
Bottlehead Crack is the amp to get for HD650 currently, though I haven't heard with it yet. I still can't wrap my head around the term organic though, that sounds very subjective.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #11 of 11
I think the best way to describe it was that with the LCD2 I felt like I was there. Every other headphone I have tried It felt like I was listening to headphones. Maybe it was the fact LCD2 is angled so it feels like the music is coming from in front of you rather then from the side. I guess that is what I am looking for something that feels like you are there and not listening to headphones.I'll look into the bottlehead creack amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back