Best headphone in price range for soundstage...
Oct 5, 2006 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
Hi all, thanks for taking a look, after hours of research I can come to no conclusion over A900 vs HD595s. I listen to metal/rock mostly, although I do a lot of gaming. I am wondering which has the better soundstage in your opinions?
smily_headphones1.gif
(x-fi music, no amp) This is because I will probably pick the phone that has the edge in gaming.

Thanks!
wink.gif

Joe

Oct 5, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 7
While I have no experience with the HD595, I will tell you that the A900s are great for gaming and for rock music. They have great soundstage and detail and don't require an amp to sound good.

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 7
I find the A900s to be very comfortable. For a set of cans of that size, it's rather light in weight. They rest comfortably on my head without any excessive clamping force, snug enough so it doesn't fall off my head when I'm moving about. I don't have a large head either. Some do find the pleather pads on the A900s to be a bit uncomfortable in warmer weather as it causes sweating and heat arounnd your ears. I haven't had this problem even during the summer months.

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #5 of 7
My A900's are great. I can wear them for 2-3 hours before I need to take them off to give my ears a breather. That usually coincides with a bathroom break anyhow. They're great for gaming; on some games it's almost like having a wallhack the way you can pinpoint people so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back