Best headphone/IEM to pair with Sansa Fuze?
May 24, 2009 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Netherwind

100+ Head-Fier
I was just bought a Sansa Fuze (hasn't come in yet). And I was wondering what everyone pairs up with their Fuze's.. An easily powered headphone/IEM would be nice, and if I could use a headphone for my PC too, double duty would be perfect.. I listen to mostly Rock.. such as Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Nickelback, Guns N Roses to name a few. But I also occasionally listen to other music. What do you guys use with your Sansa's? $200 Limit.. No amp preferred or something cheap like the e5 i can stretch my budget to $220 for.

May 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 19
doing a quick glance the PFE's seem to be the best and I can't see any complaints, only curious whats up with the filters and such?

May 25, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 19
The Fuze is just a source. Find the IEMs that suit you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I recommend Future Sonic's Atrios.

May 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #6 of 19
PFE.

May 26, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 19
I didn't want to have to get an amp..but at the price it seems like the PFE+T4 would be a nice combination, can anything else beat that combo for the price? I've heard the comfort on the PFE's are supposed to be amazing.. But most other earphones I'd have to go unamped..and I'm just curious if the T4+PFE would beat most everything in it's range.

May 26, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherwind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't want to have to get an amp..but at the price it seems like the PFE+T4 would be a nice combination, can anything else beat that combo for the price? I've heard the comfort on the PFE's are supposed to be amazing.. But most other earphones I'd have to go unamped..and I'm just curious if the T4+PFE would beat most everything in it's range.

to me it does.

May 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #10 of 19
It comes with a set of gray and black filters.

May 26, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #11 of 19
Just a mostly unrelated question seeing as i'm unlikely to spend $400 on IEM's but...would the custom UE4's blow the PFE's out of the water unamped(PFE amped)

May 26, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pairing it with cheap E5 amp is also another solution instead of t4

Would there be a noticeable sound quality difference between the two amps?

May 26, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #14 of 19
Okay so I might be getting a new job with better pay so I might be actually able to afford customs.. Would the UE4Pro blow me away unamped/Fiio E5?... Against the PFE's that is.

May 26, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #15 of 19
I have a Fuze and thought the PFEs needed something extra (had to crank the volume) but didn't have my E5 at the time. I actually feel my IE8 isn't great from the HP out of the Fuze as when connected to my sound card the sound is much better, so when I use my IE8s with my Fuze I use my E5 to make them sound great. So, with that being said I am not sure how the IE7 would pair with the Fuze.

As far as a difference between the T4 and E5, there is a fairly large difference from people that have both, but it depends upon what IEM you have also. There are plenty of people happy with the E5/PFE combo, but the T4 does add something else from what others have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back