Best headphone for go vibe
May 31, 2005 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cpk

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a Go Vibe from Len. I will be using an old Aiwa pcdp with line out. This amp will come with premium cable, AD8620, OPA22278, and gain set at 5. I need a set of headphones now. I listen to alot of Miles Davis, Bluenote label artists. Alot of these are some poor recordings. Also enjoy jazz guitar and 70's rock. I am thinking of getting either Shure e3 or Shure e2 and grado 60. I would like to stay at about $150.00. I have some Best Buy bucks I need to use by next month = $65.00. I could just get the e2 for a couple of bucks and then get grado 80 or 125. I also plan on getting one of Xin's modified Sony radios. I can use the canalphones for the gym for the tv programs and hard to reach stations. Thanks for your advice.

May 31, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpk
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a Go Vibe from Len. I will be using an old Aiwa pcdp with line out. This amp will come with premium cable, AD8620, OPA22278, and gain set at 5. I need a set of headphones now. I listen to alot of Miles Davis, Bluenote label artists. Alot of these are some poor recordings. Also enjoy jazz guitar and 70's rock. I am thinking of getting either Shure e3 or Shure e2 and grado 60. I would like to stay at about $150.00. I have some Best Buy bucks I need to use by next month = $65.00. I could just get the e2 for a couple of bucks and then get grado 80 or 125. I also plan on getting one of Xin's modified Sony radios. I can use the canalphones for the gym for the tv programs and hard to reach stations. Thanks for your advice.

Use your BB certificate and buy a CD player or something and just return it 2 days later. Have them credit your account. Take that $$$ and invest in an e2c + MS1. That'll be a stellar, versatile setup for ~$170. Or perhaps e2c + K240s.

Either way you cant loose IMHO.

May 31, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply. It seems everyone really like the MS1. Do you think the e2c will have a problem being low impedance with the vibe, 16 ohms. Also what is the impedance on the MS1 and the best place to buy these from?

May 31, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 7
If you spring for another $20, you can get the E4c for $170, which would be completely worth it.

It really is one of the best portable options out there right now.

Suck it up, screw upgradeitis and buy it now.

-Matt

May 31, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 7
I'd go for K240S with that kind of music, theyre smoother and more laid back than the lower end grados, but not as muddy as the HD497 or HD515. Then look at whether or not you really want canalphones as portables. They can definately be uncomfortable at first, and some people, like me, never get used to it.

May 31, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpk
Thanks for the reply. It seems everyone really like the MS1. Do you think the e2c will have a problem being low impedance with the vibe, 16 ohms. Also what is the impedance on the MS1 and the best place to buy these from?

thats a good point I hadn't thought of. Im not sure. Grados and e2cs are both very low impedence.

Garrett

May 31, 2005 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpk
Hello everyone,

Given the music you are describing, and the fact that you have an amp, I would also think about the AKG K501's. I have a pocket amp, and they sound smooth with that. I like them better than my 240S's.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back