Best headphone for 200€?
Feb 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Ansem

Head-Fier
Hi at all guys! i'm searching for a good headphone for listening metal,rock and classic music :)
i will use it a lot of hours for day, so the comfort is very important for me :) actually at home i'm using the Sennheiser HD 439.
For now i saw this headphone that for what i read are very good:
- philips phidelio X2 (i can't find the x1 anymore). 250€ a little over budget, but if they are really better then the other it's ok
- Sennheiser HD 598 170€
Sony MDR-1A 180€
- AKG K550 190€
- Audio Technica Pro ATH-M50X 130€
which one of this is the best for comfort and audio?

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 16
If you are gonna use them outdoors as well then you want closed cans, the X2 are open :)

To my experience metal shines with v-shaped cans where as classical needs more balanced sound. Which of the 2 genres do you prefer most?

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 16
thanks for the help :) if i must choose i prefer metal. Also i like bass,so usually i don't like sony's headphone cause they usually lack of bass :frowning2:
i will use it only at home :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 16
  Problem is that classical music sounds bad from a can with a "V" shaped sound signature.

The neutral X2 is an excellent all-arrounder--see:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/boss-philips-fidelio-x2

thanks for the help :) it's a thing that can't be corrected with some change at the equalizer? actually i'm with the sennhesier 439, so i think that with all this headphone even the classic music (or better, ost and epic metal XD ) are a lot better than with this one :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #12 of 16
  Do you need open or closed?--that's kind of an important question that I am still unclear about. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think it was ever answered definitively.

i did a research couse i didn't have much clear te difference between open and close XD
i definitevly need a close headphone :frowning2: also i prefer over hear headphone, they are by far the most comfortable for me :)
p.s. if i have understood right,my actual sennheiser HD439 is a close headphone right?

M50X is good for metal, what bands do you listen to? 

Nightwish,linkin park,blin guardian,epica,rhapsody,dragonforce. I realli like gothic,epic and power metal. Of course i also listen other genres like sum 41,transimission, ost of videogames/film :)
Of course if there are othere closed heaphone,over hear that i don't know i will hear all of your suggestion :D

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #13 of 16

When you listen to multiple genres and have only one headphone, you need to get an all-arrounder.  Anything else is akin to a duct tape and bailing wire fix.

from my list there is an all rounded? or there are other good headphone for 200ۥ that are good all rounded? :)

From your list--and considering only closed cans--the AKG K 550 is the best all-arrounder.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 16

From your list--and considering only closed cans--the AKG K 550 is the best all-arrounder.

thanks :) i readomething about this headphone, and i liked them a lot.
also there are some other good headphone out of the list that is better than k550?
Edit: i read only now that the k550 have a not detachable cambe,and it's long 3m?! why in the world they did such a useless long camble and made in not detachable?! even my sennheiseir have detachable cable, so that i can choose between a long or short one -.- where the hell i will put the 2m that i don't need?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back