Best Headphone Amp
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vinodt1347

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I need your valued opinion on the best value for money Headphone Amp. I am planning to buy an AKG K550 headphone and thought an amp would be a good addition. Most hearing would be done thru my laptop or mp3 player (Sansa clip+) or squeezebox touch.

I like the DIY route and initial research shows me O2, Ventus, M3, The lovely cube and a few dozen on China Ebay.
Whereas I value my money, there isnt much point in spending lesser for absolutely useless stuff.

So your advice please..

Regards
Vinod

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Should not really need an add-on amplifier for using the AKG K550 with the Sansa Clip+.
A Fiio E10, USB-DAC-Headphone amplifier, ($44.99 at Adorama) could be used with the laptop.

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi,
I need your valued opinion on the best value for money Headphone Amp. I am planning to buy an AKG K550 headphone and thought an amp would be a good addition. Most hearing would be done thru my laptop or mp3 player (Sansa clip+) or squeezebox touch.

I like the DIY route and initial research shows me O2, Ventus, M3, The lovely cube and a few dozen on China Ebay.
Whereas I value my money, there isnt much point in spending lesser for absolutely useless stuff.

So your advice please..

Regards
Vinod

Since you value bang for buck you could try out the schiit magni 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back