Best headphone amp for a senn pc350 under 300$?
Sep 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

migs008

Head-Fier
Hi everyone I'm new here and very new to amps, DAC and ohms stuff. Which is why I'm here asking for audiophiles and the like for your opinions.

I've got a Sennheiser PC350 headset since I'm a gamer and bought it for that reason. But I still can't get over the fact that a Sennheiser PX100 sounds better than it on my computer when playing music. So I read around and found that the PC350 has a high impedance ohm so a lot of people seem to be saying is to get a headphone amplifier.

This is where I pretty much need help with. I've been scanning this site for it and there is quite a lot of them. The Nuforce Icon seems nice since it's not just a headphone amp but comes with other features. But again I am just new at this. What I really want is something that could really make a big change on my PC350 without actually having to blow more than what I could afford.

I could probably add another 300$ to my budget if I wasn't planning on getting a hunting bow but I really want that thing too.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 2
For a short time, I was running my own PC350's off a Little Dot Mk IV amp, and there honestly wasn't a huge quality improvement over my Auzen Prelude. Certainly nothing like the improvement that my HD650's see. Yes, the impedance is higher than many other phones, but that doesn't automatically mean that it's hard to drive, and 150ohms isn't that crazy. As long as you're using a decent discrete sound card (can't speak for the Creative cards), you're probably not suffering too badly on the power front. If you do go for an amp, try to have a mind towards any possible future headphone upgrades that might benefit more.

Really, THIS is probably the biggest improvement for the PC350's out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back