Best headphone+amp combo <$250?
Aug 1, 2005 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

renesis_au

100+ Head-Fier
Hi people,

I am about to get a pair of DT880s but would like some opinions beforehand. Currently my setup is very basic, no amp, just a soundcard and any upgrades will definitely improve my enjoyment of music.

Given the choice which would be prefered a single hi end headphone that you can easily upgrade say getting better amps and sources in the future, or would you prefer to shell out all the money out now and get a decent headphone and amp combo for the above mentioned price limit.

Any suggestions would definitely help too.

Btw, my listening preferences are some soft rock, jpop, and female vocals.

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 3
Just depends what kind of person you are IMO. I'm the type that likes to have some room to grow and doesen't mind doing things on a more long term basis which is why I went with the 880s knowing full well I'll be saving another $800+ for amp and source.

I think in the end you might get a severe case of upgrade-itus if you get a whole system for $250. Though you'll have more fun at the start.

I can say soft rock and female vocals sound killer out of the 880s. Haven't listened to any jpop yet though.
tongue.gif

Opps forgot the most important part. Make sure you are fully comitted which ever way you chose and have done your reseach.
icon10.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Believe me, I've done lots and lots of research.

I like to think I'm a long term person. In this case its either short term gain, long term pain, or relatively longer enjoyment and short term...pain???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back