Best HD600 replacement cable for modest rig?
Jun 3, 2007 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Agphoto

100+ Head-Fier
So I was just going to replace the HD600 cable with the stock HD650 cable when it arrives ( sidenote- can anyone tell me why the 650 cable is ~$12 from sennheiser, but it is $35 from headroom? do they have a tweaked version or something? )

But I'm curious. would I even benefit from going with something like a cardas or dragon cable? I really don't want to have to spend that much more now lol.

Basically my setup for the time will be either a 80GB iPod or 8GB nano, with the ALO cryo copper dock, and an RSA Tomahawk as an amp.

I would think just the 650 cable would make enough of a difference, but the real confusion lies between why its so much cheaper direct from sennheiser.

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 11
It is the same cable, however if you order from Sennheiser they never tell you a "real date" by which you would receive the cable. Some here have waited three months, in my case it was like 7 weeks.

Headroom has inmediate delivery. It is up to you, now or in three months.

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 11
however headroom says 2-4 weeks
wink.gif
But that's alright I suppose.

I'd rather buy from headroom anyways, Those guys are always so nice to me.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 11
Except the Oehlbach is no longer available. I had one and I sold it a year later for a couple of buks. I regret it now. I think the Stefan Audio Art cable would blow you away.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 11
Firstly there is no such thing as a modest rig. There's the rig you have when you join Head-Fi, and then all the stepper rigs on your way up the ladder.
biggrin.gif

As far as your question though... I'd say don't forget all the great cable builders we have as members. Some do really nice work for a very good price.

Jun 4, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 11
That's a good point lol.

But I guess my real true question lies in "will I notice a significant difference with my current setup?"

in the future, sure, because by that time I'll have a more powerful amp to dedicate to it. But for now, out of a tomahawk...

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 11
I'm resurrecting this thread b/c I think it poses a good question. What cable making members make 650 cables? I know of only a couple guys that make cables, turbo and cantsleep, but I've never seen 650 offerings from them. Anyone know of a DIY 650 upgrade cable maker here?

Jun 20, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm resurrecting this thread b/c I think it poses a good question. What cable making members make 650 cables? I know of only a couple guys that make cables, turbo and cantsleep, but I've never seen 650 offerings from them. Anyone know of a DIY 650 upgrade cable maker here?

[AK]Zip and Grandenigma also make good cables. Don't forget Larry of Headphile, who sells his Senn cable at a very reasonable price.

Cheers!

Jun 20, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[AK]Zip and Grandenigma also make good cables. Don't forget Larry of Headphile, who sells his Senn cable at a very reasonable price.

Cheers!

I will add Brad at Revelation Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back