Best Gapless NON-Live Album
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #16 of 42
Queens of the Stone Age ~ Songs for the Deaf

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #17 of 42
Wait.. is DSOTM really gapless.. i seem to recall a gap between side one and side two
smily_headphones1.gif

I think The Wall is a better example of gapless, I like how the end is gapless into the beginning..

I wonder how these older album would be if they were recorded for CD, and not Vinyl

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait.. is DSOTM really gapless.. i seem to recall a gap between side one and side two
smily_headphones1.gif

I think The Wall is a better example of gapless, I like how the end is gapless into the beginning..

I wonder how these older album would be if they were recorded for CD, and not Vinyl

The wall was like 4 records so there are gaps between a few songs....

IIRC.
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #21 of 42
The Black Crowes - Lions

This album has some crazy studio effects to obnoxiously blend each track into the next, and without gapless playback, it sounds horrid. With gapless playback operating, it sounds extremely cool.

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Snow Goose by Camel

Gotta poke my head in for a quick second; I'm about to wrap up my first listen of this album (both CDs), and it was a fantastic, joyful ride. Thanks for mentioning it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #23 of 42
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #24 of 42
if it doesn't have to be all gapless, then i say lost prophets -start something, or queens of the stoneage - son gs for the deaf, or "r"

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #25 of 42
I really like Drum's Not Dead by Liars.

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #26 of 42
Another for Wish You Were Here. Even more interesting is hearing "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" mixed as it originally was supposed to be... one track. It's on a best-of CD, I think...

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
posted it on page 1 olblueyez
beerchug.gif

I never knew much about Enigma, the CD belonged to my wife and I ripped it, love it, but I wouldnt know their first from their last.
smile.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #28 of 42
I know... they are sort of like enya in the way that youve heard one youve heard them all. The first one is just my favorite because when it came out, there wasnt anything exactly like it yet

Jun 8, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #29 of 42
Nektar- Remember the Future
Triumvirat- Sparticus or Illusions of a Double Dimple
Jethero Tull- Thick as a Brick

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jethero Tull- Thick as a Brick

LOL, it kind of has to be gapless with only 1 track on each side of the record
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back