Best Gaming set-up?
Jun 14, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 39
Whoa, those speakers looks sweet! what are they?

Rokit 8's I got them at a really good price new, $360 for both. Right now i think they are $500-600 a pair. They have a knob on the back that allows you to tweak what they sound like. Ranging from a bass-canon to almost no bass at all. On both ranges there is very little distortion. The only issue is they are hyper sensitive so if you don't have a very clean audio source they distort like crazy. Took me 3 months to figure out how to fix it. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #17 of 39
Rokit 8's I got them at a really good price new, $360 for both. Right now i think they are $500-600 a pair. They have a knob on the back that allows you to tweak what they sound like. Ranging from a bass-canon to almost no bass at all. On both ranges there is very little distortion. The only issue is they are hyper sensitive so if you don't have a very clean audio source they distort like crazy. Took me 3 months to figure out how to fix it. 

Wow, I only have the Harman Kardon Sound Sticks 3 ($170). I bought when I was on a budget. Maybe I'll consider those someday.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #18 of 39
Haha. I had the Soundsticks myself for a while. They were some decent speakers on a budget. I picked em up direct from Harmon Kardon on Black Friday one year for $130 bucks. I hope you can get everything you need soon man, and I hope you don't get hit with upgrade-itis too soon after. That's been my biggest problem since joining head-fi. Lol

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 39
Haha. I had the Soundsticks myself for a while. They were some decent speakers on a budget. I picked em up direct from Harmon Kardon on Black Friday one year for $130 bucks. I hope you can get everything you need soon man, and I hope you don't get hit with upgrade-itis too soon after. That's been my biggest problem since joining head-fi. Lol

Haha, nice.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #20 of 39
  Such a clean desk.. mine is the biggest mess ever.

Dude, you aren't doing too bad. I use all my stuff in the garage and it's pretty messy... and kinda ghetto! Lol. Take a look!

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #21 of 39

What do you have now?

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #22 of 39
Some Centrance 2504 Masterclass speakers powered by an Audioengine N22 speaker/headphone amp. They sound beautiful, though they can use sub sometimes.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #26 of 39
Hey, whatever works, right? Hahaha

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #27 of 39
What's the differance between the beyerdynamic DT 990 premium and the beyerdynamic DT 990 pro?

I honestly don't know. I'm gong to speculate and say its just how they look. The pros have a very old look to them that I personally like. I bought mine for $123 new and have been worth every penny. I personally don't like single sided cables so I had them modded to both sides (personal OCD.)

Oh! also the cable is different

Premium = straight cable

Pro = Coiled cable

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #28 of 39
What's the differance between the beyerdynamic DT 990 premium and the beyerdynamic DT 990 pro?

Looks. The pro version has an ugly venetian blind thing going on while the premiums tried to pretty it up. I'm not a fan of either design, but looks are secondary for me. If I can get the same quality for less money, I'd go for it.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #29 of 39
Ok, looks are not a big deal to me, so I'll go for the pros if my IEM's don't work for me. The only thing that I don't like about these headphones so far, is they don't seem to have a detachable cable. So if the cable breaks then you can't just replaced the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back