Best Gaming mic to MOD to my headphones | Must work as good as gaming headsets at noisy lans
Aug 30, 2009 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FraGTaLiTy

Head-Fier
I want to turn my ad700s into the ultimate gaming headset. Currently, I am sportin a simple Zalman clip-on mic which works great at home. However at lans it picks up all the noises from the crowd and from teammates, making it impossible to effectively use publicly.

Now, I love my ad700s to death, and I know it will cost me well over $300 to get a headset that has sound stage and sound quality on par with the ad700, so I want to mod a mic to it that will work just as well as the mic on popular headsets such as the Astro a40 and Sennheiser pc 350. I have seen posts of people modding a mic to other headsets, and the outcome looked fantastic.

I need help finding the best gaming mic that will make my ad700s communicate as well as professional gaming headsets at lans and tournaments. They MUST only pick up my own voice for the most part, and be conveniently integrable with my ad700s (whether it involved modding or not).

Please help, it's so hard finding credible reviews online on individual gaming mics.

Thanks,
frag

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 6
you want a unidirectional boom mic for lans. the cyber acoustics ac208 headset is cheap and has a nice detachable boom mic. i have put this boom mic on a beyer dt770 and an akg k240 b4 (threads w/pics floating around here somewhere) with good results.
you can also buy a replacement mic from a turtle beach hpa2. Kurash did that and put it on a jvc harx700

found link
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/dt7...phones-312405/

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 6
FraGTaLiTy;5972443 said:
I want to turn my ad700s into the ultimate gaming headset. Currently, I am sportin a simple Zalman clip-on mic which works great at home. However at lans it picks up all the noises from the crowd and from teammates, making it impossible to effectively use publicly.

Now, I love my ad700s to death, and I know it will cost me well over $300 to get a headset that has sound stage and sound quality on par with the ad700, so I want to mod a mic to it that will work just as well as the mic on popular headsets such as the Astro a40 and Sennheiser pc 350. I have seen posts of people modding a mic to other headsets, and the outcome looked fantastic.

I need help finding the best gaming mic that will make my ad700s communicate as well as professional gaming headsets at lans and tournaments. They MUST only pick up my own voice for the most part, and be conveniently integrable with my ad700s (whether it involved modding or not).

Please help, it's so hard finding credible reviews online on individual gaming mics.

Thanks,
frag[/QUOTE

i also am new to gamer phones,etc.. how do u get a usb mic to work with xbox is this possible anyone??????????????????

i couldnt get my predator to work with xbox usb or my gigaware usb mic with head jack?

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you want a unidirectional boom mic for lans. the cyber acoustics ac208 headset is cheap and has a nice detachable boom mic. i have put this boom mic on a beyer dt770 and an akg k240 b4 (threads w/pics floating around here somewhere) with good results.
you can also buy a replacement mic from a turtle beach hpa2. Kurash did that and put it on a jvc harx700

found link
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/dt7...phones-312405/

so the dt880 have a mic inout option?
what other can witht he mic input option for gaming can compete and will be suitable for xbox 360?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back