Best gaming headset
Nov 18, 2014 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sealteam10

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone I was wondering what the best gaming headset is. I do not need a microphone attached to it. I want a good headphones that are amazing for competitive because I play for and that have good quality and surround sound. I heard about the Ath ad900x . If anyone has better recommendations then please tell me. My price range is anything below 400. My pc soundcard is the sound blaster z.
Thank you.

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello everyone I was wondering what the best gaming headset is. I do not need a microphone attached to it. I want a good headphones that are amazing for competitive because I play for and that have good quality and surround sound. I heard about the Ath ad900x . If anyone has better recommendations then please tell me. My price range is anything below 400. My pc soundcard is the sound blaster z.
Thank you.

I personally would recommend the AD700x's,AKG K701, AD900x's, HD598's. In no particular order.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 5
A headset denotes there is a mic attached but I'm just nitpicking. My recommendations would be to read some reviews on the following cans:

Philips X2
Sennheiser HD600 or HD598
NAD HP50
Audio Technica AD700

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 5
If it's just for gaming, the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X is probably all you need.  It doesn't get much better for gaming.  Or if you want something with a lot of bass, get the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or Philips Fidelio X2.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 5
If you want something for purely a competitive advantage in a headphone the AD700, or the AD700x are best. They are best for games like CS:GO and COD. If you want something with a good pinpoint accuracy and still want the immersions that loud explosions and bass bring in a game the Philips Fidelio X2, the HD580's are the way to go. Best for games like BF4, CRYSIS, and other large realistic shooters. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back