Best gaming Headset.
Mar 11, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 25
so far i am leaning torwards these items.

Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1 soundcard
Ultrasone HFI-780s or the ATH-AD700 or the ATH-AD900
Zalaman Clip on mic

I still need help with the amp, which one is best for gaming.

I read up on amps on this forum and know what they do know but still can't figure on which one will be best for gaming.

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #18 of 25
I guess you won't "need" an amp for those headphones. The card is supposed to have some juice, I got mine out of curiosity basically. Now that I have, I really love it. The sound is very rich, clear and even more refined than before.
There are many threads here on headphone amps. You might want to read one of those to get the picture of what they do and why someone could want to use one.
The most basic application would be that you can't reach a desired volume or that your playback device does have really bad sound distortion at higher volume levels which you'd know are not because of bad speakers/phones.
I chose mine because of the nice review I read here, the very compact size of it and it's pleasing simplicity
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so far i am leaning torwards these items.

Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1 soundcard
Ultrasone HFI-780s or the ATH-AD700 or the ATH-AD900
Zalaman Clip on mic .....

That's a good enough setup to get you going. Look into an amp again after using it for a few weeks then you may have a better idea if you need one or even want one.

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #20 of 25
If you're just using this for gaming, IMO getting a prelude isn't worth paying all that money when you already have an elite pro...if you listen to lots of music though, then alright
tongue.gif
Also, if you want to use these at LANs (which for cs/cod I've heard have alot of people screaming really loud), you're gonna want to sacrifice soundstage and get a closed headphone. Those audio technica headphones are super popular for competitive gamers recently because they work great unamped (a good chunk of change you can save or use on something else). If you want a closed AT headphone, get an A series (such as ATH-A700 or ATH-A900). Hope this helps a little
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 25
Yea i am going with the Prelude because I want to listen to music and movies and my brother really needs a soundcard as his died. I think i really want the soundstage so i am leaning toward open cans at the moment. which audio technicas are great even without an amp?

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your budget?

And in general, headsets SUCK

Best to get a regular headphone and purchase a clip-on or desk mic.

how can u get a usb clip on mic to work with xbox,, will it not work from the xbox usb,, would you rather have to get an adapter to plug into the xbox controller?

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #25 of 25
Guess this has been a PC-only discussion so far
wink.gif
Shouldn't you have separate headphone and mic jacks anyhow?

Btw I've been using a Logitech desktop mic for almost a year now. It has a great sound quality, is very easy to use and has a very handy on/off button
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back