Best Gaming Headset Around £80 (Specific Requirements)?
Mar 31, 2015 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Head-Fier
There are other threads on this and I have searched and read them but I have rather specific requirements so none of them quite answered my question. I want to spend no more than £80 but less if possible. The requirements are:

1. Gaming first and foremost but also for tv/movies. Not really for music.

2. Closed cup with maximum isolation especially keeping outside noise out.

3. Best possible virtual surround (with my MSI Gaming 5 motherboard and Creative SB Cinema 2 or my EarForce DSS2).

That's it I think. My initial thoughts are getting Audio-Technica ATH-M20X with a Antlion Modmic which is just about in budget. I'm definitely interested on how that would fair with my requirements or better still some better options.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 4
Look into the Kingston HyperX Cloud: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00JJNQG98/

It's popular here on Head-Fi because it's a clone with a mic attached of the Takstar Pro 80, which is a very good headphone on its own (research that one, too).

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 4
You might also look at Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide on this site (you can search for it in the search bar just below the category headings up toward the top of the page. You may find it helpful in your research as you are sorting through options. Good luck! That said, I am +1 on the Kingston HyperX Cloud with Cel. But you should look around. See what strikes your fancy from Mad Lust Envy. Then, make some notes and go from there. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back