Best gaming headphones under 80$?
Nov 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Harrywang88

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been wanting to buy new headphones for strictly competitive gaming but I can't seem to choose the best ones.  I don't know much about headphones so here I am coming to ask you guys!

I play competitive CS:GO at a high level so I need the best possible headphones for positional accuracy.  I have read that what I am looking for is a wide soundstage.  So my question is which headphones are the best for me?  

I have read the MadLust guide and they rate ad700 as the best gaming headphones.  I have read many reviews of this headphones and while it seems very great, It doesn't suit me because it's a little bit expensive (I live in Canada) and the bass seem to be lacking a lot.  

What I have been looking at are the Superlux 681 and 668b.  These seems to be the next best thing.  A few questions though.

1.  Are these 2 consider to have the widest soundstage under 100$? If so which one has the wider soundstage? 

2.  The superlux 681 has many versions, the f,b and evo.  Which one is the best for gaming? 

3.  Do you guys have any other recommendations that I don't know about under 80$? 

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 11
ATH-AD700 are considered to be one of the best headphones you can buy for gaming competing with headphones several times more. The price has fluctuated some. Set an alert on camelcamelcamel for $100, and give them a couple of weeks and see if they drop into your budget range.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 11
http://www.frys.com/product/7821729

slightly more than 100 but the hd598's are rated highly for gaming as well and there's a really good deal at the moment

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 11
  The ath-ad700 is out of my budget.  It would cost me over 120+ including shipping and such, its just not worth it for me.  It really isn't an option for me. 

Samson SR-850 (made by Superlux).

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 11
  Why SR-850 over Superlux 661 for gaming? Explain please. 

I'm not sure better then the HD668B & HD681, just another option.
My HD668Bs stopped working less then two months after I got them,
but my SR850s still work fine.
The Superlux HD661, I though was more a music headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back