Best gaming controller
May 1, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #16 of 36
I've had good luck with my gaming controllers. I haven't had them develop any issues like the drifting. Maybe that's more about lack of time I use playing with them. I also keep them in cases for travel and general storage.

I haven't had the best of luck with supporting start up gaming companies such as Stadia and Ouya. I have a nice collection of defunct devices because the company when under. Stadia did do a controller update to enable Bluetooth, so it is an extra controller.

May 6, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #17 of 36
I luv my 8bitdo ultimate! It's so precise and so well built with durability in mind. 8bitdo is from Honkong. Gulikit is Chinese, and qc is terrible!

I highly recommend the ultimate with hall effect analog sticks!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #19 of 36
IMO PS5 is the worst controller I've ever owned. I switched back to PS4 controller. Does anyone know of any adapter that would allow me to use a PS4 controller on a PS5 game?
The Cronus Zen will allow you to use a mouse/keyboard or any controller in wired mode on the PS5 to play PS5 games. The firmware is in beta at the moment but it will do what you want. Be aware though that if you go online with the Cronus to play FPS games you will most likely get you account banned.

Jul 26, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #21 of 36
Well, that's probably your only choice to use a PS4 controller to play PS5 games.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 36
I'm not terribly picky about my game controllers, as I only do more casual gaming with a controller (RPGs and the like). I do find the PS5 controller to be my favorite, though, as I have to have symmetrical analog sticks. I was born with freakish hands, where my left is a mirror image of my right, and that makes basically any other controller not feel right.

There's a special place in my heart for my OG-Playstation themed PS4 controller.
41Sj8p76JfL.jpg

I was super annoyed that I was experiencing drift with it, though. I ended up taking it apart and blowing out the analog stick, and to my surprise it fixed it.

It's kinda handy to have multiple controllers, so I don't have to dink around with pairing between devices. This one generally stays pair with my tablet, so I can play emulated games on the go.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #23 of 36
I'm not terribly picky about my game controllers, as I only do more casual gaming with a controller (RPGs and the like). I do find the PS5 controller to be my favorite, though, as I have to have symmetrical analog sticks. I was born with freakish hands, where my left is a mirror image of my right, and that makes basically any other controller not feel right.

There's a special place in my heart for my OG-Playstation themed PS4 controller.

I was super annoyed that I was experiencing drift with it, though. I ended up taking it apart and blowing out the analog stick, and to my surprise it fixed it.

It's kinda handy to have multiple controllers, so I don't have to dink around with pairing between devices. This one generally stays pair with my tablet, so I can play emulated games on the go.
Drift is my biggest enemy and Sony wasn't so kind to me with PS4 controller. They would repeatedly send me refurbished controllers that was drifting as replacement. They are a shady company to practice this. I have no trust in Sony after this incident.

My 8bitdo is the best controller with hall effect analog sticks that will never drift!

I will try to get a hall effect controller if possible for anything from now on. Although I like the Sony controllers better, I cannot trust Sony controllers. I know they will drift eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the lowest quality piezo electric sticks so that people would buy the controller more often. I trust Xbox controllers though. Their analog sticks has not drifted on me yet. Drift is the biggest factor when choosing controllers. Button sticking is #2. Unfortunately, Xbox controllers are untrustable when it comes to button sticking. Sony is better when it comes to the button sticking issues.

I have same thought with computer mice as well, which is why I use a mouse that uses optical switches and scroll wheels. It really annoys me when I run into issues with sensors. Most durable sensors are most important to me.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 36
As someone said previously, the Xbox Elite Series 2 is the best controller... And also terrible. I've literally never seen a product with such terrible quality control from such a major company. Issues with buttons, sticks, bumpers, paddles, triggers... You name it. I'm very lucky to have found a working one cheap, but who knows for how long.

Second best, probably between the Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma and 8BitDo Ultimate. The Wolverine is a better controller, the Ultimate is better made. Distant 4th, the PowerA Fusion v1/v2. Their "Advanced" controller is great as a spare, cheap but capable, mediocre build.

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #25 of 36
As someone said previously, the Xbox Elite Series 2 is the best controller... And also terrible. I've literally never seen a product with such terrible quality control from such a major company. Issues with buttons, sticks, bumpers, paddles, triggers... You name it. I'm very lucky to have found a working one cheap, but who knows for how long.

Second best, probably between the Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma and 8BitDo Ultimate. The Wolverine is a better controller, the Ultimate is better made. Distant 4th, the PowerA Fusion v1/v2. Their "Advanced" controller is great as a spare, cheap but capable, mediocre build.
It's really a shame that such high priced controllers has Xbox like D-pads. Those are low quality D-pads. I want the Dual Sock D-pads. If it doesn't have Hall effect analog, it's not the best. It has to have minimum hall effect analog.

Jul 30, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #26 of 36
It's really a shame that such high priced controllers has Xbox like D-pads. Those are low quality D-pads. I want the Dual Sock D-pads. If it doesn't have Hall effect analog, it's not the best. It has to have minimum hall effect analog.
The Elite Series 2 sticks feel far and away better than any of the several Hall Effect sticks I've tried - they're also the only sticks I know of that let you adjust tension. Sadly, they're not reliable and prone to drift.

Jul 30, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #27 of 36
The Elite Series 2 sticks feel far and away better than any of the several Hall Effect sticks I've tried - they're also the only sticks I know of that let you adjust tension. Sadly, they're not reliable and prone to drift.
What we really need is d-pads design of dual shocks. Analog design like you point out, where you can fine tune the physical aspect like the tension, and also the precision of hall effect. And reliability of buttons to not stick, and spring back into position quickly. And of course a good shape for comfort, and good textures of the surface for best grip.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #29 of 36
Still going strong guys. This is the most durable controller I've ever had!
I use mine everyday, never an issue.

My Switch controller collection. The Micro is my latest addition, grabbed it as a novelty keychain controller and it actually works quite well.
IMG_20230911_203808_kindlephoto-1658797729.jpg

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #30 of 36
We have a pink one that gets a good bit of use - I haven't been able to sell my fiancee on the benefit of back triggers, but the two buttons don't bother her the way the paddles on the Elite do. I know every time she's been using it because she takes them all off, usually leaves them on a windowsill or somewhere random. I've got like 3 spare sets for this reason 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back