Best fun IEM? For movies and such
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 14

Quote:
I have a lot of accurate IEMs, but none that are "fun". I'm looking for something under 200 that would be "fun" and good for movies. 

Consider FXT90, FX500. If you were to save up a bit more I would highly recommend the IE80s as they have an excellent sound stage for movies. When using them watching star wars on blue ray I was hearing noises I never heard before...

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 14
I would speculate the Thermaltake ISURUS since it was made for gaming.  However, while I own a pair, I haven't opened the box yet because I'm in the process of burning in another pair of IEM's.  Since they only cost around $25 - $30, I think it's at least worth asking in the thread where a number of people are discussing them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-thermaltake-isurus-rebranded-audio-technica-and-the-philips-she3580

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 14
How about a left field suggestion that isn't an IEM? I'd recommend the Sony PFRV1. This contraption presents a fantastic soundstage that is particularly suited for movies. Not much bass and little isolation but very fun. Current prices are a bit steep though.

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
Idk how well $6 iems are going to be... 

If people paid $100 for this instead of $6 would they like it any better? Some higher priced items perform worse than much lower priced ones.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #12 of 14
i listen to epic orchestral music and LOVE my Brookstone Clear Dual Drives [similar design to the Radius DDM2].  I also really like my Velodyne vpulse.  The BCDD have an extremely engaging, massive, dynamic, bombastic sound.  The vpulse has a very engaging sound, too, with better sub-bass and bass then the BCDD but not as expansive.  The BCDD is $70 and the vpulse is $90.  I consider both of them to be great buys.

​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back