Best full size bluetooth headphones (with/without ANC, under 150/250 €)
Sep 20, 2019 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

loft

New Head-Fier
Hello guys and girls.

I'm looking into buying a new pair of headphones to pair with my OnePlus 5. At work I'm am moving a lot at work between desks/people and I'd like to use that time to listen to a track or two. I might convince my manager to sign on the bill too. :)

I'm looking for a circumaural model because generally speaking they are more comfortable, with bigger soundstage and bigger, longer lasting batteries. Even though I like IEM's (I currently jump between a Xiaomi Hybrid and a pair of AKG's that came with a Samsung S8), I don't feel like such a small package can offer enough space for a decent battery and amp.

Except for overall sound quality I value a deep and clear bass, good passive insulation and a good sound stage. Generally I always liked closed headphones/IEM's because of their extra insulation (both ways).

I'm not that much into active noise canceling, but I'm willing to go that way. I've tried it with some colleague's Bose QC35 and I don't particularly like the feeling ANC creates.

I know, I know, bluetooth and high audio quality don't always go together, but this is more of a compromise than a choice.

I generally listen to various metal genres with some rock, synth pop and others on a side: http://last.fm/user/daniel_dur/library.

In the past I used to rock a Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and I absolutely loved it. The base could have been a bit more present but it was there and could be tweaked with EQ. I would start searching for a deal on it if I could get it "retrofitted" with a bluetooth receiver and still fit the budget.

Oh, I already have a bluetooth receiver (Some 5-6 year-old clip-on Samsung), but it would still not eliminate the wires running around.

I don't want to pour too much cash into this investment so 100-150 € for a non ANC model with another 100€ on top of that if ANC is present.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back