Best for $400 Speaker Setup
Oct 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 9
If you have the space and like 2.1 systems I can recommend the Edifier S730D. Amazing, tightly controlled bass, clear, although very slightly recessed mids and good treble without being harsh. With everything set to 0 they are very neutral and surprisingly low bass, but if you engage the subwoofer or the bass it changes completely without being overblown or muddy. I own them for 3 years now and have never looked back.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 9
Being a Best Buy employee that never buys the best audio from his store..

I'd say get JBL LSR305 studio monitors. They perform as if twice the budget; all you need is a decent audio interface that shouldn't cost you more than 50 - 100 bucks.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 9
  If you have the space and like 2.1 systems I can recommend the Edifier S730D. Amazing, tightly controlled bass, clear, although very slightly recessed mids and good treble without being harsh. With everything set to 0 they are very neutral and surprisingly low bass, but if you engage the subwoofer or the bass it changes completely without being overblown or muddy. I own them for 3 years now and have never looked back.

Being a Best Buy employee that never buys the best audio from his store..

I'd say get JBL LSR305 studio monitors. They perform as if twice the budget; all you need is a decent audio interface that shouldn't cost you more than 50 - 100 bucks.

JBL LSR305 for a pair is $540 , at $540 would there be anything else better ? i know in Amazon.usa is only 280$ for a pair

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #8 of 9
Elac is another fantastic brand, but again with relevant import duties and postage even the debuts might be close to your limit. I understand how you feel, living in Australia is an expensive joke for HiFi equipment that is very cheap in the US.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #9 of 9
Elac is another fantastic brand, but again with relevant import duties and postage even the debuts might be close to your limit. I understand how you feel, living in Australia is an expensive joke for HiFi equipment that is very cheap in the US.

Thank god , i thought i was the only one that feels the same way. being in my country , where technologies seems so far behind , overpriced and bad customer service. everything inferior compared to the States :frowning2: Elac B6 Requires an amp ? Powered Speaker ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back