Best Foobar Configuration as an iTunes Replacement
Jul 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rylo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've posted this in a few other threads, but it hasn't had any responses so I'll try here, too.

I'm a longtime lurker and recently I purchased a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990s and a Fiio E07K. While I wait for those to arrive, I figured it's about time I move on from iTunes, primarily so I can play FLAC. I'm on Windows and I've tried Foobar in the past (for several months, actually) but I never found its interface intuitive, nor did I find its usability very good, either. Things like easy playlist creation, play counts, and ratings didn't exist at all before I found some plugins that enabled them, and even then they just didn't feel right. I remember when rating a song, I had to Right-click the track > Go to 'Rating' > then scroll down to 4 or 5 stars or whatever. It certainly was laborious compared to iTunes' one click ratings system.

So my question is: Does anybody have a setup that looks good (I know this is subjective, so I'll specify as 'looking clean, or minimalist') while also having high, a la iTunes usability features? I've spent the better part of two hours on Google trying to find something, but either my Google-fu sucks, the information is well-hidden, or the information doesn't exist.

Thanks,

Rylo

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello Rylo,

Have you looked in here?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/450700/foobar-2000-screenshot-thread

Foobar is very useful once it's configured properly and to your liking.  If that thread is not enough, head over to DeviantArt.  Many Foobar configs over there (Foobar skins). 

Cheers!

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Hello Rylo,

Have you looked in here?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/450700/foobar-2000-screenshot-thread

Foobar is very useful once it's configured properly and to your liking.  If that thread is not enough, head over to DeviantArt.  Many Foobar configs over there (Foobar skins). 

Cheers!

Thanks, I worked out in the end that it wasn't about iTunes at all, just being able to create playlists easily, which I figured out how to do. Foobar has a learning curve, but I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Now I'm just waiting for my headphones :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back