Best Foobar Configuration as an iTunes Replacement
Jul 21, 2013 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rylo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I posted this in the newbie/welcome thread, but it hasn't had any responses so I'll try here, too.

I'm a longtime lurker and recently I purchased a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990s and a Fiio E07K. While I wait for those to arrive, I figured it's about time I move on from iTunes, primarily so I can play FLAC. I'm on Windows and I've tried Foobar in the past (for several months, actually) but I never found its interface intuitive, nor did I find its usability very good, either. Things like easy playlist creation, play counts, and ratings didn't exist at all before I found some plugins that enabled them, and even then they just didn't feel right. I remember when rating a song, I had to Right-click the track > Go to 'Rating' > then scroll down to 4 or 5 stars or whatever. It certainly was laborious compared to iTunes' one click ratings system.

So my question is: Does anybody have a setup that looks good (I know this is subjective, so I'll specify as 'looking clean, or minimalist') while also having high, a la iTunes usability features? I've spent the better part of two hours on Google trying to find something, but either my Google-fu sucks, the information is well-hidden, or the information doesn't exist.

Thanks,

Rylo

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back