Best foldable on-ear or over-ear headphone for under $100?
Jan 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

joeylw

Head-Fier
I am looking now for a pair of headphones for my wife. She loves the sound of my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 a lot, but she only wants to spend $100. She loved the looks of my brother's Beats Solos, but she hated the way they sounded. She just laughed at the thought of carrying my Panasonic RP-HTF600-S around at all, saying they were ugly and don't even fold. Inner-ears and earbuds are out as well. She doesn't like the feel of anything inside her ears at all. Up until now she has been using cheap $5 no-name headphones.

She listens to Country, Rap, and mostly Pop.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 9
Will she say the Sony V6 is ugly? How about the Creative Aurvana Live? How about the JVC HAM750? or HAS600?

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Will she say the Sony V6 is ugly? How about the Creative Aurvana Live? How about the JVC HAM750? or HAS600?

They have to at least be foldable. I don't think the CAL! are( I bought a pair of those in December for someone), not sure about the Sony V6. The JVCs look OK though. How do they sound?

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 9
The JVC HAM750 has quite a bit of bass as does the HAS600. Does she want a bassy headphone or a neutral one? I'm surprised he CAL doesn't fold. I thought it folded like the JVC HAS600. I guess it doesn't. Oh well. The Sony V6 is a classic headphone used by pros.

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 9
She wouldn't mind having some decent bass, considering the music she listens to. As long as the bass doesn't destroy the rest of the sound (like the Beats Solos do).

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 9
The Sony V6 has deep bass, however it is not exaggerarated. The JVC headphones I mentioned have exaggerated bass.
The Sennheiser PX100-ii is a good choice at around $41. The original PX100 is very hard to find. The Koss Sportapro folds into a compact size. Imo the PX100(and probably the PX100-ii) sounds better than the Sportapro. The Sportapro is basically the same as the Portapro however it looks different and is cheaper. How about the Koss KSC75 with earclips rather than a headband? It is only $15. The lack of a headband though decreases the bass.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 9
My favourite pick would be the JAYS V-Jays. They are simple and fold up small, and sound better then Porta Pro's. Very rich, and really amazingly bassy sound considering their size. Great value too from mymemory.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back