Best foldable headphones for under 140 € ?
Jul 17, 2013 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Cutter

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for portable, foldable headphones with the best possible sound in the 70-140 € price range. By "best possible sound" I mean that they should sound as detailed as possible, fairly neutral and versatile, but not 100% analytical; they should be fun nonetheless. They should be closed or at least provide some isolation. Can you please recommend me some models?

I've already put the ATH ES7 on my list of headphones to listen to. I wonder what's your opinion on them.

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 12
The ES7's build quality is not very good. 

What about the HFI-680? they can be had for around your price range. They have good bass, with a fast/aggressive sound. 

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
I'm looking for portable, foldable headphones with the best possible sound in the 70-140 € price range. By "best possible sound" I mean that they should sound as detailed as possible, fairly neutral and versatile, but not 100% analytical; they should be fun nonetheless. They should be closed or at least provide some isolation. Can you please recommend me some models?
I've already put the ATH ES7 on my list of headphones to listen to. I wonder what's your opinion on them.

JVC HA-S500 folding headphones, here in the USA, we can get them for about equal to 43 Euros.
Also you can get different (Velour or Leather) ear pads for them off eBay, for what is equal to 13 Euros.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 12
Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I'm still looking for headphones matching these requirements. The headphones you suggested above seem a bit too large to use while commuting.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 12
I like them; they're compact and have a decent sound, but I'm ready to pay a bit more for headphones with a better sound if they exist in a similar form factor.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 12
I like them; they're compact and have a decent sound, but I'm ready to pay a bit more for headphones with a better sound if they exist in a similar form factor.

I haven't heard PX200 but I really enjoy DTX 501p - for what it costs good sound and great comfort and portability. Number of people on this forum prefer 501p over PX200 for a better SQ.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 12
Beyerdynamics DTX501p is my favourite

I haven't heard PX200 but I really enjoy DTX 501p - for what it costs good sound and great comfort and portability. Number of people on this forum prefer 501p over PX200 for a better SQ.

I've read mixed opinions about their sound and they don't look too well built, but since you mention them I'll give them a listen nonetheless.
AKG K450, can be had for £30-40 and are comfortable, portable, folding and have an excellent case. Oh, and they sound great too!

These are the ones I'm replacing! I don't want them ever again; they broke twice in less than a year! And their sound wasn't really satisfying; they sounded cheap: there was little detail and a lot of badly defined bass masked what remained of it in the rest of the spectrum. The PX200 sounded better IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back